Friday, May 25, 2018

MY Son

ERIC PIEKARCZYK
I only have a picture now,
A frozen piece of time,
To remind me of how it was,
When you were here, and mine....
  • Stories 175
  • Shares 2455
  • Favorited 47
  • Votes 2630
  • Rating 4.61


Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poems/death/son/
DEC. 27, 1968-MAY 24, 2018
I only have a picture now,
A frozen piece of time,
To remind me of how it was,
When you were here, and mine....

Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poems/death/son/
I only have a picture now,
A frozen piece of time,
To remind me of how it was,
When you were here and mine.... 


My son loved to surf. He has taken his last surf ride into the sunset. The picture above is from a few years ago. He passed away yesterday morning at age 49. He and I were and are not very religious but we do believe in God. If you do,  I ask you to pray for his soul, that he has found peace.

Mój syn uwielbiał surfować. Swój ostatni raz posurfował w stronę zachodu słońca. Powyższe zdjęcie pochodzi sprzed kilku lat. Zmarł wczoraj rano w wieku 49 lat. On i ja nie byliśmy i nie jesteśmy bardzo religijni, ale wierzymy w Boga. Jeśli to robisz, Proszę cię o modlitwę za jego duszę, aby znalazł pokój.

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear the news about your son. He's gone much too soon. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. Shaz (aka Sharon Haskin Galitz, Surprise, AZ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh David!

    I'm so sorry for your loss. As a parent, I feel your pain. I know my words are inadequate but I send you love and light and wish for them to spread as a warm comforting blanket to ease your pain and bring a smile to your face as you think happy memories of him as he grew up.

    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deepest condolences to both of you. Nothing worse than losing a child. I will pray for him. Hopefully he's catching waves where he is...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sincere condolences, David, on the loss of your son. As is often said, no parent should have to endure the death of their children, going before them. I am sorry you have to experience this pain. He was too young....
    And, as I most surely do believe in a God, I have already just finished saying a prayer that Eric's soul find that "peace that passeth all understanding" as he journeys toward the Light and Love of the Great Spirit that is One.
    And will continue including him in future prayers....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your son was a great person with a huge heart. He will be missed by many. I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your son. I lost my brother when he was 14 and I was 16, and I still don't know how that felt to my mother. I know how it felt to me. I wondered how people were out doing normal things, how could they? Didn't they know? It took a very long time to become used to the After. I send you good thoughts as you go through this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Mr Piekarczyk,

    My name is Sherry and I just heard the news about Eric and
    wish to convey my condolences,
    He and I had been friends for the last 8 yrs.
    He had been my angel and even saved my life a few years ago
    I had spoken to him earlier on the day he passed.
    I tried finding an obituary about what happened
    and was unable to find anything.
    I was wondering if you would be able to tell me what happened.
    I would really appreciate it if you could.
    I can be reached at starlight_90@yahoo.com

    Again I just want to tell you how very sorry I am about your loss
    Thank you for your time
    Sherry Parish

    ReplyDelete