Thursday, January 18, 2018

Oh no.

Well, I guess the changes from -2c to +20c and gray sky to sunny sky were too much for my system because now I have a cold. It started last night and was full strength by this morning when I woke up. Obviously our trip to Murcia is delayed until I feel better.

Back in Poland, yesterday there was a protest of people carrying banners saying 'Woman's thing' during the 'Black Wednesday' protest organized by Polish Nationwide Women Strike, against plans to tighten abortion laws in Krakow, Poland, 17 January 2018. Last week, the Polish Sejm narrowly rejected a citizens' bill to liberalize the abortion law, while sending another bill, designed to make the law stricter, for further deliberation in a relevant committee.

Cóż, myślę, że zmiana temperatury z -2c na + 20c i z szarego nieba na słoneczne były zbyt duże dla mojego organizmu, ponieważ  mam przeziębienie. Zaczęło się wczoraj wieczorem a w pełni ujawniło się tego ranka, kiedy się obudziłem. Oczywiście nasza podróż do Murcji jest przesunieta, dopóki nie poczuję się lepiej.

Wracając do Polski, wczoraj doszło do protestu ludzi niosących transparenty z napisem "Sprawa kobieca" podczas protestu "Czarna środa" organizowanego przez Ogólnopolski Strajk Kobiet, przeciwko planom zaostrzenia prawa aborcyjnego ( Kraków, Polska, 17 stycznia 2018 r.) W zeszłym tygodniu polski Sejm  odrzucił projekt ustawy o liberalizacji ustawy o aborcji, wysyłając kolejną ustawę do dalszej debaty w odpowiedniej komisji, która ma na celu surowsze przestrzeganie prawa.

1 comment:

  1. Hi David and Joan,

    Sorry about your cold, D (but, think of it this way-- you could be sitting in cold Poland w. a cold, but you're in warm, sunny Spain-- take a long siesta, amigo!

    Anyway, here, this might help (esp. for future, but if its w/i 48 hours, this still might work-- IF you can get something 100% Copper; read this link for the Cold Zapper though to understand how effective copper is at killing germs:

    https://www.copperzap.com/

    I did not buy this expensive product, but tried it w. pure copper jewelry I have and it worked! When I felt sniffles coming on, I gently rubbed under my nostrils w. the copper for about a minute and the itchiness went away and I no longer felt the need to sneeze.

    I've worked w. this many times since I found out about this unique property of copper this past Autumn. Its also cleared up nasal sinus congestion in minutes!

    I found small copper tubing in my father's workbench in the basement and fashioned my own 'device' after cleaning it (thanks Dad!). I now keep it at hand, or take it w. me on public bus rides, etc (great for airplane travel IF you can pass security w. it😉)!

    Maybe you can pick up something 100% copper at a gift or utensil or hardware store while there. Well, any which way, get well soon!

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete