Friday, December 15, 2017

Holders.


I had to go out today to buy a present but I was able to do it at 13:00 so the shopping center wasn't crowded. What di you buy for a friend who really doesn't need anything? I decided on these two fake silver candle holders.

Years ago I used to make candles. My favorite were ice cube candles. I used a candle mold, put a thin candle in the middle, surrounded it with ice cubes and poured hot was over them. When the wax solidified, I used a knife to poke holes into the area's where the ice cubes melted and drained out the water. Next, I enlarged the holes. When I lit the thin candle and it started ti burn down, the light reflected out of the enlarged holes. It had a nice effect on the walls of a room at night.

I met Radek again today and he arranged a meeting with another friend, Renata, for next Monday afternoon. I haven't seen her for about a year even though she does not live that far away. She has a successful business and is always busy with work or traveling for work.

I mailed out Christmas to relatives in Poland who don't have email. I hope they get them in time. The last several years I've been sending e-cards. It's faster, cheaper and the selection is good at Jacquie Lawson cards, plus they are animated.

Musiałem dzisiaj wyjść, żeby kupić prezent, ale mogłem to zrobić o 13:00, żeby centrum handlowe nie było zatłoczone. Co kupujesz dla przyjaciela, który naprawdę niczego nie potrzebuje? Zdecydowałem się na te dwa fałszywe srebrne świeczniki.

Wiele lat temu robiłem świece. Moimi ulubionymi były świeczki z kostkami lodu. Użyłem świecy, umieściłem na środku cienką świecę, otoczyłem ją kostkami lodu i nalałem gorącej wody. Kiedy wosk się zestalił, użyłem noża, by wyłupać dziury w miejscu, w którym kostki lodu stopiły się i wypłynęły z wody. Następnie powiększyłem dziury. Kiedy zapaliłem cienką świecę i zaczęło się palić, światło odbijało się od powiększonych dziur. Miał ładny wpływ na ściany pokoju w nocy.

Spotkałem dziś Radka i umówił się z inną przyjaciółką, Renatą, na następne popołudnie w poniedziałek. Nie widziałem jej od roku, chociaż nie mieszka tak daleko. Ma udane interesy i zawsze jest zajęta pracą lub podróżą do pracy.

Wysłałem Boże Narodzenie do krewnych w Polsce, którzy nie mają poczty elektronicznej. Mam nadzieję, że dostaną je na czas. W ciągu ostatnich kilku lat wysyłałem e-kartki. Jest szybszy, tańszy, a wybór jest dobry na kartach Jacquie Lawson, a ponadto są animowane.

No comments:

Post a Comment