Thursday, November 16, 2017

Lo siento!

Sorry about the last two days absence. Those headaches I had last year came back and I wasn't in good condition to write.  Last year the neurologist called them "cluster" headaches and research on my part says they reoccur. They started last month on the 9th and I had 12 during the rest of the month. This month I've already had 13. I've just gone through another series of tests including an MRI to rule out any more serious problems.

On the bright side, the weather forecast for Poznań for the next 5 days is a high of 6c, cloudy with rain but in Spain, where we are going, it is 22c and sunny. Now that's what I call the bright side, knowing we are going to escape 2 months of winter, not to mention practice our Spanish language skills.

Also, we've been invited south to spend Christmas with friends near Kraków and we've accepted the invitation. It will also give me the opportunity to visit Piekarczyk cousins. So, things are looking good. 41 days to Christmas, then 2 weeks at home and then off to Spain.

I met with the PZU adjuster and got the estimate cost of repairing the car, 3,326 zl($925). It will take 3 days during which time PZU will provide a car for our use. Now I just have to wait for the replacement parts to arrive.

Przepraszam za ostatnie dwa dni nieobecności. Te bóle głowy, które miałem w ubiegłym roku, wróciły i nie byłem w dobrym stanie do napisania. W ubiegłym roku neurolog nazwał je "klasterowymi" bólami głowy, a badania z mojej strony mówią, że powracają. Zaczęli w zeszłym miesiącu w dniu 9, a ja przez pozostałą część miesiąca miałem 12. W tym miesiącu miałem już 13. Właśnie przeszedłem kolejną serię testów, w tym MRI, aby wykluczyć poważniejsze problemy.

Z drugiej strony, prognoza pogody dla Poznania na następne 5 dni to 6c, pochmurno z opadami deszczu, ale w Hiszpanii, gdzie jedziemy, jest 22c i słonecznie. Teraz to właśnie nazywam jasną stroną, wiedząc, że zamierzamy uciec 2 miesiące zimy, nie wspominając o ćwiczeniu naszych umiejętności w języku hiszpańskim.

Ponadto zostaliśmy zaproszeni na południe, aby spędzić święta ze znajomymi pod Krakowem, a my przyjęliśmy zaproszenie. Będzie to także okazja do odwiedzenia kuzynów piekarskich. A więc wszystko wygląda dobrze. 41 dni na Boże Narodzenie, potem 2 tygodnie w domu, a następnie na Hiszpanię.

Spotkałem się z regulatorem PZU i otrzymałem szacunkowy koszt naprawy samochodu, 3 326 zł (925 dolarów). Zajmie to 3 dni, podczas których PZU dostarczy samochód do naszego użytku. Teraz muszę tylko poczekać na przybycie części zamiennych

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about those headaches-- hope they disappear for your upcoming trips (in case you want to read more, I entered "cluster headaches" in Dr. Mercola's alternative site and these articles came up:

    http://search.mercola.com/results.aspx?q=cluster headaches

    Krakow's square must be lovely for Christmas (don't know if you will be taking a sidetrip there during your visit; IF you do, I just listened to a PoleCast podcast about "a bag of 'dragon bones'" hanging over the doors to Wawel Cathedral...supposedly there for hundreds of years...missed them on my trip!

    ReplyDelete


  2. My sentiments, exactly, David (re: the 'Americanization' factor. I was just griping to myself about that today in Chicago, when I walked past a bank that is basically 'a Polish bank'...there it was...a BIG,
    gold and artificially snowed fake Xmas tree...all 'decked-the-halls'....! Yep...I found myself saying...D#$$@!, it's NOT even TG
    yet....Life is rushed enough....why do people have to do this. And, why, when Poland has such rich, rich traditions (esp. Christmas and Easter time, does it have to cave in to these crass, rushed, consumerist 'customs')....

    ReplyDelete