Tuesday, November 21, 2017

I'm back.

NO, I wasn' sick. Since last Saturday night I have had a connection problem to the internet. Sunday morning an orange light was on my modem and router meaning NO connection to Echostar, my provider. Naturally, they have no 24-7 service department for help so I had to wait until Monday morning to contact them. At first I thought it was the Wi-Fi router because it also had an orange light. However, when I connected the cable directly from the modem to the laptop and all the lights were green, I still had no internet.

I called Echostar, told them the problem and they said someone would call me back. 2 hours passed and no call. They are only 15 minutes away so I took the old modem and went to them. They gave me a new one and I returned home to connect it. Problem solved? NOT AT ALL. It was exactly the same. Back to Echostar where they told me they showed I was connected to the internet now and to try again. At home, No change, NO internet. Third time back to Echostar where, after a long conversation, they finally agreed to send a technician to our flat to fix the problem. Two and a half days without internet. It did show me one thing, I am relying on this computer far to much and have to diminish my use of it. So that must be the bright side of this whole experience.

The technician showed up at 17:00 and spent time diagnosing the problem that he said was the router, not the modem. He said I had to buy a new one. Then after a call to the service department it seems they no longer had the registration number of my router in their system so it didn't recognize it any longer. Through his persistence they re-entered the number, he showed me how to re-enter the new ID number with password and finally I had the internet back. It saved me about 250 zl for a new router. Before he left I turned on the 2nd laptop, entered the new router ID's and it also worked so I am back in business.


Last week I ordered, from Amazon.UK, three new books; First Polish Reader and 2 books of childrens stories in Polish. The Reader is a collection of various stories that I'm going to start my day with. I need a new regimen of Polish studies and I got this idea from a YouTube video one of my readers sent to me.

Speaking of my readers, I received another email from a man married to a Polish woman from Poznan. They live in the U.S. but his wife comes back each year for a visit. This year they are coming for 3 weeks during Christmas and would like to meet with Joan and I. They plan to retire to Poland in a year. He has a great first name.....David. :-) Of course we will gladly meet with them and share our moving experience.

NIE, nie byłem chory. Od ostatniej sobotniej nocy miałem problem z połączeniem z internetem. W niedzielę rano pomarańczowe światło świeciło na moim modemie i router oznaczał brak połączenia z Echostarem, moim dostawcą. Oczywiście nie mają działu pomocy 24-7, więc musiałem czekać do poniedziałku rano, aby się z nimi skontaktować. Na początku myślałem, że to router Wi-Fi, ponieważ ma również pomarańczowe światło. Jednak kiedy połączyłem kabel bezpośrednio z modemu do laptopa, a wszystkie światła były zielone, nadal nie miałem internetu.

Zadzwoniłem do Echostara, powiedziałem im problem i powiedzieli, że ktoś do mnie oddzwoni. Minęły dwie godziny i brak połączenia. Są tylko 15 minut stąd wziąłem stary modem i poszedłem do nich. Dali mi nowy, a ja wróciłem do domu, żeby go podłączyć. Problem rozwiązany? ANI TROCHĘ. To było dokładnie to samo. Wróciłem do Echostara, gdzie powiedzieli mi, że pokazałem, że jestem podłączony do internetu i spróbuję ponownie. W domu, bez zmian, bez internetu. Po raz trzeci wróciliśmy do Echostar, gdzie po długiej rozmowie ostatecznie zgodzili się wysłać technika do naszego mieszkania, aby rozwiązać problem. Dwa i pół dnia bez internetu. Uświadomiło mi to jedno, polegam na tym komputerze daleko, dużo i muszę zmniejszyć jego użycie. To musi być jasna strona tego całego doświadczenia.

Technik pojawił się o 17:00 i spędził czas diagnozując problem, o którym mówił, że jest routerem, a nie modemem. Powiedział, że muszę kupić nowy. Potem, po wywołaniu w dziale serwisowym, wydaje się, że nie mają już numeru rejestracyjnego mojego routera w swoim systemie, więc nie rozpoznawali go dłużej. Przez jego wytrwałość ponownie wpisali numer, pokazał mi, jak ponownie wprowadzić nowy numer identyfikacyjny za pomocą hasła, a wreszcie odzyskałem internet. Zaoszczędził mi około 250 zł na nowym routerze. Zanim odszedł, włączyłem drugi komputer, wprowadziłem nowy identyfikator routera i zadziałało, więc wróciłem do pracy.

W ubiegłym tygodniu zamówiłem, z Amazon.UK, trzy nowe książki; Pierwszy polski czytelnik i 2 książki opowiadań dla dzieci w języku polskim. Czytelnik to zbiór różnych historii, od których zamierzam zacząć dzień. Potrzebuję nowego schematu polonistyki i dostałem ten pomysł z filmu na YouTube, jednego z moich czytelników wysłanych do mnie.

Mówiąc o moich czytelnikach, otrzymałem kolejną wiadomość e-mail od mężczyzny, który poślubił Polkę z Poznania. Mieszkają w USA, ale jego żona wraca co roku z wizytą. W tym roku przyjeżdżają na 3 tygodnie w czasie świąt Bożego Narodzenia i chcieliby spotkać się z Joan i I. Planują przejść na emeryturę do Polski w ciągu roku. Ma świetne imię ... David. :-) Oczywiście chętnie się z nimi spotkamy i podzielimy się z nami doświadczeniem.

No comments:

Post a Comment