Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Another cousin.

Amy
 
Just had a scare when Google notified me that my password didn't work for me to get into my blog and to change it. I did and it took me to a new setup for a blog, stating I was not NOT the author of ANY blog so I couldn't get into this one. After 20 minutes of figuring out what was wrong I am back here. It made me realize a part of my current life would be gone if I didn't blog each day. I guess it's like therapy for me and I need my daily "fix". I'm also very grateful to all readers for your support over the years. Some of you I've actually met in person, some not, but you all mean a lot to me. I like to get your comments, even you, Anonymous, when they were somewhat negative towards Joan and I. Now we have a better relationship and I'm thankful for that.

You should have seen our day today. The morning was gray, cloudy and raining. At 12:30 the sun came out and blue skies. 14:15 it was gray, cloudy and raining. 15:30, sunny and blue skies. Off and on like that all day. We went out during one of the sunny times and got back just before the rain began again.

I talked with our friend, Radek, who is making a trip in June to visit the capital cities of Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. These are three small Baltic states northeast of Poland that we have not visited yet. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say about them when he returns.

After saying I am finished with genealogy research, I now have contact with Amy Sassenberg, a distant cousin from the Rajewski side of the family. I wrote to her years ago but she was unable to respond at the time. I found her through Facebook and now we have contact. I am hoping she can fill in missing information of her side of the family.

Po prostu przestraszyłem się, gdy Google powiadomił mnie, że moje hasło, aby wejść na blog nie działa i trzeba je zmienić. Zrobiłem tak, a wtedy zostałem przeniesiony  do nowej konfiguracji bloga, gdzie stwierdzono, że  nie jestem autorem żadnego bloga, więc nie mogę się do niego dostać. Po 20 minutach zrozumiałem, co się stało i znowu tu jestem. Ten przypadek sprawił, że uświadomiłem sobie, że część mojego obecnego życia zniknie, jeśli  codziennie nie będę blogować. Myślę, że to jest dla mnie jak terapia i potrzebuję mojej codziennej "naprawy". Jestem też bardzo wdzięczny wszystkim czytelnikom za wasze wsparcie przez lata. Z niektórymi z was spotkałem się osobiście, z niektórymi nie, ale wszyscy dużo dla mnie znaczycie. Lubię komentarze, nawet Twoje, Anonimie,  gdy były nieco negatywnie wobec Joan i mnie. Teraz mamy lepsze relacje i jestem za to wdzięczny.

Powinieneś widzieć nasz dzisiejszy dzień. Ranek był szary, pochmurny i padał deszcz. O godzinie 12:30 wyszło słońce i pokazało się błękitne niebo. O 14:15 było szaro, pochmurno i padało. O 15:30 - słonecznie i niebieskie niebo. I tak na okrągło przez cały dzień. Wyszliśmy podczas jednego słonecznego momentu i wróciliśmy tuż przed ponownym deszczem.

Rozmawiałem z naszym przyjacielem Radkiem, który w czerwcu wyjeżdża do stolic Litwy, Łotwy i Estonii. Są to trzy małe bałtyckie państwa na północ od Polski,  których jeszcze nie odwiedziliśmy. Będzie interesującym  usłyszeć, co ma o nich do powiedzenia, kiedy wróci.

Po tym, jak powiedziałem, że skończyłem badania genealogiczne, mam teraz kontakt z Amy Sassenberg, daleką kuzynką z rodziny Rajewskich. Napisałem do niej wiele lat temu, ale w tym czasie nie była w stanie odpowiedzieć. Znalazłem ją przez Facebook i teraz mamy kontakt. Mam nadzieję, że może uzupełnić brakujące informacje o rodzinie z jej strony.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:45 AM

    Hi David and Joan, thanks for your last comments, I've always loved reading your blog, because you don't agree with a person on some issues doesn't mean you don't love them, its good to have a friendly argument, you are both good and decent people and we will undoubtedly meet one day in the future. love to hear more comments about your beloved orange man... you don't mention much about Z lately.. take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anonymous. No, I haven't commented lately about the orange man How many times can you call an idiot and idiot? Z has been busy this last month renovating a flat he is moving to so we haven't seen him at all. He said he should be done in a week or two in our latest phone conversation.

    ReplyDelete