Saturday, February 18, 2017

It happened.

Thanks, Krzysztof, I will go tomorrow and buy some compressed air and blow out the fan on my laptop.

Well, it finally happened after driving in Poland for 8 years. I was driving home on Hetmańska street, a double lane street, in the rain and the car in front of me suddenly applied his brakes There was an opening in the right lane so I swerved to avoid hitting the car in front of me but at that same time the car forward in the right lane also put his brakes on. I immediately applied my brakes, swerved to the left to avoid him but the wet pavement didn't stoop my car and I hit him in the left rear of his car. In the meantime, the car behind me tried to stop, couldn't and ran into the back of my car causing no damage to either car. This happened at 13:10. The man in the first car called the police and we waited until 14:45 for them to arrive. His car had a small dent and a strip of plastic missing. My car's bumper, right driving light, right side panel and hood were damaged. In the end I was given a ticket for 250 zl and I drove home. My PZU insurance will pay for all repairs with no further cost to us. No one was hurt and that was the good thing. When I gave the police my International Drivers License they said, "What the f**k is this". :-)

Dzięki, Krzysztof, jutro kupię sprężone powietrze i oczyszczę wentylator mojego laptopa. 

Cóż, po 8 latach jeżdżenia w Polsce, w końcu się to stało. Jechałem do domu ulicą Hetmańską, dwupasmową, w deszczu, gdy nagle samochód przede mną zahamował. Na pasie obok była luka między autami, więc zjechałem na prawo, by uniknąć zderzenia, ale w tym samym czasie auto na prawym pasie także zahamowało. Natychmiast wcisnąłem hamulec, zjechałem na lewo, aby w nie nie uderzyć, lecz nie dałem rady zatrzymać się na mokrej nawierzchni, więc uderzyłem go w lewą tylną części. W tym samym czasie samochód za mną też próbował się zatrzymać, co mu się nie udało, i wjechał w tył mojego samochodu, nie powodując jednak uszkodzenia obu samochodów. Stało się to o 13:10. Mężczyzna w pierwszym samochodzie zadzwonił na policję i czekaliśmy aż do 14:45 na ich przyjazd. Jego samochód miał małe wgniecenie i odpadł mu pasek z tworzywa sztucznego. W moim samochodzie uszkodzone zostały zderzak, prawe światło, prawa część maski. W efekcie dostałam mandat na 250 zł i pojechałem do domu. Moje ubezpieczenie PZU zapłaci za wszystkie naprawy bez dodatkowych kosztów dla nas. Nikt nie został ranny i to jest najważniejsze. Kiedy dałem policji moje międzynarodowe prawo jazdy zapytali: "Co to k***a jest". :-) 

1 comment:

  1. Yep the police in Poland can't read the IDL anyway so what good is it? That happened to me too.

    ReplyDelete