Sunday, December 04, 2016

Sleepless.


The tree looks good! I like the combination of blue and white together. Maybe in the future we will change our own tree to those colors but I also like a tree with several different colors. The older I get the more I miss all of those ornaments we accumulated over our years together but left them with Joan's daughter when we moved here. They have a lot of sentimental value.

Last night was one of those, Sleepless in Poznań, nights again. I must have woke up three times during the night and finally gave up trying to sleep through the night and got up at 5 AM. At 5:30 I was listening for the second time to the same Polish language serial episode and then followed it with Spanish. Now, at 15:00. I'm waiting to have a conversation in Spanish with a Skype partner.

The day is dreary, cloudy, no sun, 1c and making me wish I was in a warmer climate. Only 1 day left before we take our little trip to Żelona Gora. My camera batteries are charged and tomorrow we will pack one little suitcase.

Choinka wygląda świetnie! Podoba mi się kombinacja niebieskiego i białego. Może w przyszłości udekorujemy nasze drzewko tymi barwami, ale lubię je i w innych kolorach. Im jestem starszy, tym bardziej brakuje mi tych wszystkich ozdób, które zgromadziliśmy przez lata. Zostawiliśmy je u córki Joan gdy się tu przeprowadzaliśmy. Mają dużą wartość sentymentalną.
 
Ostatnia noc była znowu "Bezsennością w Poznaniu". Budziłem się trzykrotnie, aż w końcu poddałem się i wstałem o 5:00 rano. O 5:30 słuchałem po raz drugi tego samego odcinka serialu po polsku, a następnie przeszedłem na hiszpański. Teraz, o 15:00 czekam na rozmowę przez Skype po hiszpańsku.

Dzień jest ponury, pochmurny, bez słońca, temperatura 1 stopień, co sprawia, że chciałbym być w cieplejszym klimacie. Tylko 1 dzień został do naszej małej wyprawy do Zielonej Góry. Baterie do mojego aparatu są naładowane, a jutro spakujemy jedną małą walizkę.

No comments:

Post a Comment