Saturday, November 19, 2016

Good.....and sad news.

Sometimes this blog is my refuge from the storm. Thursday night I received some sad news, not about Joan, and thought about it most of the day. Later in the evening I received the message below and it brightened up my spirits. It was about a blog I had written over 8 years ago visiting a palace in Zakezewo, about 30 km north of where we live.  I wrote back to the author of it and asked permission to print it here and she granted it so here it is...........

"Hi,
I was looking for pictures of the castle in Zakrzewo and saw your blog. Funny that my busia worked there as a servant along with her entire family. The last name was Zietek along with the Braciszewski families. The darker brick building is actually where the families lived and I believe this is on the grounds also? Or at least this is what I was told and may be wrong. My busia left there when she could no longer stand serving the family and promised to marry my dzia dzia and take her to America. They say she used to pray at the statue of the lady on the grounds but I have no idea who the statue is. The family still lives in and the surrounding areas of Poznan. There is also a vacant building nearby where they distilled vodka and I’ve seen the pictures (recent) of the distillery. Thank you for the wonderful photos."
 
Lisa (Braciszewska) Harteau
 
Palace(now privately owned)

Where the families lived.
 
Check out the Poland is Beauty video on the right side.
 

Czasami ten blog jest moją ucieczką przed "burzą". W czwartek wieczorem dostałam trochę smutną informację, nie o Joan, i myślałem o tym przez większość dnia. Późniejszym wieczorem dostałam poniższą wiadomość, która podniosła mnie na duchu. Chodziło o blog, który napisałem ponad 8 lat temu, po odwiedzinach w pałacu w Zakrzewie, około 30 km na północ od naszego miejsca zamieszkania. Odpowiedziałem autorce i poprosiłem o zgodę, by go tutaj przedrukować, a ona się na to zgodziła, więc oto jest...

"Cześć!
Szukałam zdjęć zamku w Zakrzewie i znalazłam Twój blog. Zabawne, że moja Babcia pracował tam jako służąca wraz z całą jej rodziną. Nazywała się Ziętek z rodziną Braciszewski. Rodzina mieszkała w budynku z ciemniejszej cegły. W każdym razie tak mi powiedziano, więc mogę się mylić. Moja Babcia przestała tam pracować, gdy już miała dość służenia i obiecała poślubić mojego Dziadka i wyjechać do Ameryki. Mówili, że modliła się przy pomniku kobiety, stojącym na tamtym terenie, ale nie wiem, kim mogła być ta kobieta. Rodzina nadal mieszka w okolicach Poznania. Nadal jest tam pusty budynek w pobliżu, gdzie destylowano wódkę i widziałam zdjęcia (niedawne) gorzelni. Dziękuję za wspaniałe zdjęcia. "

Lisa (Braciszewska) Harteau
 

No comments:

Post a Comment