Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Boże pomóż mi=God help me!

God help me! I went to the license bureau to find out about applying for a Polish drivers license. The young woman, speaking English, told me my American license was good for four years so it should not be a problem using the International license even though there is a law saying you must have a Polish license if you live in Poland more that 6 months. Now I don't know who to believe, her or the American Consulate. I told her we do and she asked if I had proof of it. I showed her my Karty Pobytu and she said that was not proof of residency even though it has our address on it. I must be registered at the correct office and have a paper stating where we live. I did that in 2009 and she asked if she could check the computer for proof. I said "Yes, of course". a minute later she told me there is no record of residency in Poland for us. There is a time limit to this record of 5 years for me and I am past that limit so there is no record. So now I must go back there and prove. once again, that we live there, Joan also. No license can be applied for without this proof. After this proof is in my hands, I have to wait 6 months before I can apply for a Polish drivers license. The problem is our lease on this flat is over in two months and if I apply for this proof it will be good only until that time. The bright side is there is an English version of the test booklet and the test can be taken in English. But this is so stupid! They give me a permanent residency card with my address on it and then tell me it is not proof that I live there. How ridiculous is this whole system?

Boże pomóż mi! Poszedłem do urzędu,  aby dowiedzieć się, jak  ubiegać się o polskie prawo jazdy. Młoda kobieta, mówiąca po angielsku, powiedziała mi, że moje amerykańskie prawo jazdy było dobre na okres czterech lat, więc nie powinno być problemu z korzystaniem międzynarodowego prawa jazdy, chociaż istnieje prawo mówiące, że trzeba mieć polskie prawo jazdy, jeśli mieszkasz w Polsce ponad 6 miesięcy , Teraz nie wiem, komu wierzyć: jej czy amerykańskiemu konsulatowi. Powiedziałem jej to,  a ona zapytała, czy mogę to udowodnić. Pokazałem jej moją Kartę Pobytu , a ona powiedziała, że nie ma dowodu zamieszkania mimo że, widnieje na nim ma nasz adres zamieszkania. Muszę być zarejestrowany we właściwym urzędzie  i mieć dokument potwierdzający, gdzie mieszkamy. Zrobiłem to w 2009 roku, a ona zapytała, czy mogłaby to sprawdzić w komputerze. Powiedziałem: "Tak, oczywiście". Minutę później powiedziała mi, że nie ma adnotacji o naszym miejscu zamieszkania w Polsce. W bazie danych limit czasu na przechowywanie danych to 5 lat i ja przekroczyłem tą granicę, więc nie ma żadnego zapisu. Więc teraz muszę tam wrócić i udowodnić  po raz kolejny, że tu mieszkamy, Joan również. Żadna licencja nie może być złożona do urzędu bez tego dowodu. Chociaż „dowód” jest w moich rękach, muszę czekać 6 miesięcy zanim mogę ubiegać się o polskie prawo jazdy. Problem polega na tym, że  nasza umowa najmu mieszkania jest na ponad dwa miesiące i jeśli mogę ubiegać się o to potwierdzenie, ono musi być aktualne w tym czasie. Jasną stroną tego wszystkiego jest to, że  wersja testów jest po angielsku i testy mogą być wykonane w tym języku. Ale to jest takie głupie! Dają mi kartę stałego pobytu z moim adresem na nim umieszczonym, a potem mówią mi, że to nie jest dowód, że tu mieszkamy. Jak śmieszny jest ten cały system?

No comments:

Post a Comment