Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Ukraine.

I left this afternoon at 14:00 to get to my 15:00 appointment with the acupuncturist in Lubon. It's not that far away but I've never been to her place exactly so I wanted to get there in time to find it. It was easy to find, in the Pajo shopping center on the main street through Lubon. The name of the place was Odessos and surprised me quite a bit because it is actually a hair and cosmetic salon owned by the doctor. She arrived a little late, took care of some business and invited me into her small office. Also to my surprise was the machine on her desk for examining eyes. She only spoke Polish but we were able to communicate about 50% of the time. First she did examine my eyes and recommended  they be examined by a professional eye doctor. I gave her all the reports from the hospital exams and after reading them she told me she thought the headaches were not caused by any brain problem but maybe because of three fused vertebra's on the left side of my neck. She didn't think acupuncture would help much but intense massage of the neck might in order to get more blood blood flowing though the damaged areas. Even without knowing everything she was telling me I feel she told me more about my problem than the other doctors had told me. She came from Ukraine 22 years ago where she was a doctor and first worked there before moving to Poland. She gave me three options that she thought would help me and told me to go home and talk them over with Joan. The salon is called Odessos because she comes from Odessa, Ukraine.

At home, Joan and I talked about the options and think the massage would be the best place to start. I will let Zbyszek read what she wrote down tomorrow when we meet at Kandulski's.

Wyjechałem z domu po południu o godzinie 14:00, aby zdążyć na spotkanie na 15:00 w Luboniu ze specjalistą od akupunktury. To nie jest tak daleko, ale ja nigdy nie byłem w tym miejscu , więc chciałem się tam dostać w takim czasie, aby je odnaleźć. To było łatwe,  bo to było w centrum handlowym Pajo na głównej ulicy w Luboniu. Miejsce nazywało się Odessos i trochę mnie zaskoczyło , bo w rzeczywistości jest to salon fryzjerski i kosmetyczny, którego właścicielem jest  lekarka. Spóźniła się trochę , zadbała o jakieś sprawy i zaprosiła mnie do swojego małego biura. Również ku mojemu zdziwieniu na biurku było urządzenie  do badania oczu. Ona tylko mówiła po polsku, ale byliśmy w stanie porozumiewać się przez cały w około 50%. Najpierw zrobiła badanie oczu i poleciła  je zbadać przez profesjonalnego okulistę. Dałem jej wszystkie wyniki badań ze szpitala i po ich przeczytaniu powiedziała mi, że myśli, że bóle głowy nie są spowodowane przez jakikolwiek problem w mózgu, ale może z powodu  trzech zbitych kręgów po lewej stronie szyi. Nie sądziła, aby akupunktura mogła wiele pomóc, ale intensywny masaż karku pomoże w  uzyskaniu przepływu większej ilości krwi do uszkodzonych obszarów. Nawet bez znajomości wszystkiego, powiedziała mi więcej o moim problemie niż inni lekarze . Ona przyjechała z Ukrainy 22 lata temu, gdzie była lekarzem i tam pracowała przed wyjazdem do Polski. Dała mi trzy propozycje, o których myśli, że mi pomogą i kazała iść do domu i omówić je z Joan. Salon nazywa Odessos bo ona pochodzi z Odessy na Ukrainie.

W domu, Joan i ja rozmawialiśmy o jej propozycjach i pomyśleliśmy, że masaż byłby najlepszy od czego można zacząć. Jutro, kiedy spotkamy się ze Zbyszkiem u Kandulskich, dam mu przeczytać to, co napisała.

No comments:

Post a Comment