Friday, April 08, 2016

Joan's right!




OK, so here's two pictures of the Jonquille flower. Joan told me the name of it today. The third picture is of the budding hydrangea plant and the fourth is another unknown budding plant. Help me out if you can.

Another Polish lesson somewhat frustrating but now my teacher is changing tactics in hopes this new method will help me make more progress. He and I are both frustrated with my slow progress and we both hope the new approach will work. Of course, I have no thoughts about stopping to learn the language but I have to admit I am getting more and more frustrated moving so slowly His idea now is to give me short sentences in English and I translate them into Polish keeping in mind the case I have to use, declensions and conjugations. He always tells me to think in Polish but it is difficult when you have an English brain.

Thanks to a friend of ours, Joan and I now have tickets to the two day of concerts in Strzeszynek lake given by Leszek Możdżer. We have also been invited to celebrate her name day on May 24th and her husbands on May 25th. Joans birthday is on May 26th so it will be three days of parties.

OK, tutaj są dwa zdjęcia kwiatu o nazwie żonkil. Dzisiaj Joan powiedziała mi jego nazwę. Trzecie zdjęcie pokazuje hortensja, który jest przed naszym budynkiem, a czwarte inną nieznaną pączkującą roślinę. Pomóż mi, jeśli możesz.

Kolejna nieco frustrująca lekcja polskiego, ale teraz mój nauczyciel zmienia taktykę w nadziei, że ta nowa metoda pomoże mi zrobić większe postępy. Obaj jesteśmy sfrustrowani z powodu mojego  powolnego postępu i  mamy nadzieję, że nowe podejście zadziała. Oczywiście, nie mam myśli  porzucenia nauki polskiego, ale muszę przyznać, że jestem coraz bardziej sfrustrowany spowolnieniem. Jego pomysł polega na tym, że teraz daje mi krótkie zdania po angielsku, które tłumaczę na polski pamiętając, aby użyć odpowiedniego przypadku, deklinacji i koniugacji. On zawsze mówi, abym myślał po polsku, ale jest to trudne, gdy ma się angielski umysł.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:35 PM

    Ten kwiat to rododendron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:20 AM

    Na trzecim zdjęciu to raczej nie jest hiacynt. Może hortensja,ale trudno powiedzieć po tych pączkach.Pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete