Sunday, March 27, 2016

Tami and family.




Yesterday we made the 2 hour drive to Indiana to visit with my sister, Tami, and her family minus one, Nick, her youngest son who lives is Philadelphia. The drive was easy, hardly any traffic and we left early so I  could stop at the cemetery where my relatives are buried. I specifically wanted to check  if the gravestones had been raised up as I requested 3 years ago when I was here. They .were not so I went to the office to speak to the director about it. He said he work put in a work order to have it done this year. You can barely tell there are graves there because all of the stones have sunken into the ground in this old part of the cemetery.



When we were done we drove to my sisters house who lives out in the country and spent about three and a half hours wit her, her husband, Jim, their daughter Jaclyn and oldest son, Tom. Both of their sons are getting married this year but finances prevent us from coming back for the weddings. Seeing my sister was great and I would almost be willing to move back just to spend more time with her. We missed many years when she was growing up but I never forgot about her. Her family is very close to one another, the way a family should be. She had a lot of old pictures for me to look through but I didn't find any of relatives in Poland. 

On the way back we  stopped in Hobart, Indiana to visit with the wife of my cousin, Harry, who died 3 years ago.


Wczoraj zrobiliśmy dwie godziny jazdy do Indiana odwiedzić z moją siostrą, Tami, a jej minus jedna rodzina, Nick, jej najmłodszego syna, który mieszka jest Philadelphia. Napęd było łatwe, prawie żadnego ruchu i wyjechaliśmy wcześnie, więc mogłem zatrzymać się na cmentarz, gdzie pochowani są moi krewni. I specjalnie chciał sprawdzić, czy nagrobki zostały podniesione jak prosiłem 3 lata temu, kiedy byłem tutaj. Nie .were więc poszedłem do biura, aby porozmawiać o tym dyrektora. Powiedział, że praca włożona w zleceniu, aby to zrobić w tym roku. Ledwie można powiedzieć, istnieją groby tam, ponieważ wszystkie kamienie są zapadnięte w ziemię w tej starej części cmentarza.

Kiedy byliśmy sporządzono pojechaliśmy do mojego domu siostry, która mieszka w kraju i spędził około trzech i pół godziny wit jej mąż Jim, ich córka Jaclyn i najstarszy syn, Tom. Zarówno z ich synów biorą ślub w tym roku, ale finanse uniemożliwiają nam wracać na weselach. Widząc moją siostrą była wspaniała i chciałbym być niemal gotów wrócić, żeby spędzić z nią więcej czasu. Brakowało nam wiele lat, kiedy dorastałem, ale nigdy nie zapomniał o niej. Jej rodzina jest bardzo blisko siebie, w sposób rodzina powinna być. Miała wiele starych zdjęć dla mnie przejrzeć, ale nie znaleźliśmy żadnych krewnych w Polsce.

W drodze powrotnej zatrzymaliśmy się w Hobart, Indiana odwiedzić z żoną mojego kuzyna Harry'ego, który zmarł 3 lata temu.

1 comment:

  1. I know how it feels as I'm living like you abroad but last year I was able to spent 2 month with my relatives. It is charming when we arriving as we didn't see so long each other's but after days they live their life's... Routine is coming and we are more or less on the background

    ReplyDelete