Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Court.

5 months after our car accident, today I received a notice to appear in court as a witness on April 4th. I'm somewhat puzzled as to why I am a witness and not a victim of the accident since it wasn't my fault. I was told the person who caused the accident gave a statement to the police acknowledging his guilt so why am I called as a witness?  Tonight I will show the letter to my friend, a former prosecutor, and maybe he can explain it to me. I will also ask him to go with me to the court because I won't understand much of what is being said. I just hope the witness who said he saw the whole accident will also be there to verify what I say. Zbyszek read the letter during our meeting at Kandulski's and in the fine print it says I'm the defendent but the name of the accused is not the name of the person who hit us so now I'm really confused.

5 miesięcy po naszym wypadku samochodowym, dzisiaj otrzymałem zawiadomienie do stawienia się w sądzie w charakterze świadka w dniu 4 kwietnia. Jestem trochę zdziwiony, dlaczego jestem świadkiem, a nie ofiarą wypadku, ponieważ nie była moja wina. Powiedziano mi, że osoba, która spowodowała wypadek dał oświadczenie do policji przyznaniem się do winy, więc dlaczego jestem wezwany w charakterze świadka? Dziś wieczorem pokażę list do mojego przyjaciela, byłego prokuratora, a może on mi to wyjaśnić. Będę również poprosić go, aby pójść ze mną do sądu, bo nie zrozumieją wiele z tego, co zostało powiedziane. Mam tylko nadzieję, świadka, który powiedział, że widział cały wypadek będzie także tam, aby sprawdzić, co mówię. Zbyszek przeczytał list podczas naszego spotkania w Kandulski i drobnym drukiem jest napisane, że jestem oskarżony, ale nazwisko oskarżonego nie jest nazwisko osoby, która trafiła do nas, więc teraz jestem naprawdę mylić.

No comments:

Post a Comment