Friday, November 28, 2014

Choke day!

Dinner with Zbyszek was a success but started out badly. Joan prepared the duck perfectly but I cut a piece to eat that was too big to swallow and I almost choked to death, really. Now I know how Mama Cass must have felt as she choked to death on a sandwich.  It isn't a good feeling. I finally got the over-sized piece out of my throat and continued eating smaller pieces. The meal was excellent and when it was finished we sat down to watch the movie, "Chef", because Zbyszek had not seen it before. About 8:30PM we were finished and Z returned to his own home.

Earlier in the morning I took my first free bus ride to the market in Jeżyce to buy three duck breasts, cost 33zl. I thought that I needed a special card for free rides but Zbyszek told me all you have to do is show you ID card to the control people to show you have 70 years. Once you attain that age, you don't have to pay for public transportation. I made it to the market and back in 45 minutes and didn't have to worry about finding a parking place in a crowded area. It was a nice trip. The bus stop to go there is right across from our flat and the return bus stop is next to the market.

Kolacja ze Zbyszek był sukcesem, ale zaczęło się źle. Joan przygotował kaczkę doskonale ale wyciąć kawałek jedzenia, które było zbyt duże do połknięcia i prawie zakrztusił się na śmierć, naprawdę. Teraz wiem, jak Mama Cass musi się czuć jak ona zakrztusił się na śmierć na kanapkę. To nie jest dobre uczucie. I w końcu się na rozmiarze kawałek z mojego gardła i nadal jeść mniejsze kawałki. Posiłek był doskonały, a kiedy skończył usiedliśmy, aby obejrzeć film, "Kucharz", bo Zbyszek nie widziałem go wcześniej. O 20:30 byliśmy gotowego i Z powrócił do swego domu.

Wcześniej rano wziąłem pierwszą przejażdżkę darmo autobusem na rynek w Jeżyce kupić trzy kacze piersi, koszt 33zł. Myślałem, że potrzebuję specjalną kartę do bezpłatnych przejazdów, ale Zbyszek powiedział mi wszystko, co musisz zrobić, to pokazać, dowód osobisty do ludzi kontroli pokazać masz 70 lat. Po osiągnięciu tego wieku, nie musisz płacić za transport publiczny. Zrobiłem go na rynek i do tyłu w 45 minut i nie trzeba się martwić o znalezienie miejsca parkingowego w zatłoczonym obszarze. To była miła wycieczka. Przystanek autobusowy tam jest naprzeciwko naszego mieszkania, a przystanek autobusowy powrót jest obok rynku.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! I'm so glad things ended well! And getting free (and convenient) transportation is a huge blessing. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay with us, David! :~} Glad, you're o.k....

    You mentioned Mama Cass in this context of choking. On another note, and in regard to another music legend of that same time period, I give you this link I just saw yesterday, re: Joni Mitchell. I thought you'd find interest in reading about her:

    https://www.yahoo.com/music/joni-mitchell-talks-new-boxed-set-not-being-able-104853023146.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaggler, thanks for the link. I've been a fan of Joni ever since I saw her in 1967 at the Cellar Door in Washington, D.C.

    ReplyDelete