Monday, June 16, 2014

Pre-operation.

I took Joan to the hospital to walk her through how to find me. I'm glad I did. It only happened because of a kind lady sitting on a bench on the second floor who saw us pass by several times looking for the right place. She asked me, in Polish, if she could help and I said yes. I told her I was looking for the doctors office and she took me to the head nurse who informed me the doctor would not be in until Wednesday but I must come tomorrow at 8AM and go to the registration office first, on the main floor. When I was done registering I was to come back to her. The doctor, after our first meeting some months ago, said I was to come to his office on Tuesday at 8AM so that was obviously wrong information. Now I think we have the right information and Joan should be able to find the room I will be in unless she gets lost first.

So, there will be no blogging for four days at least until I return home. When I am able I will tell you all about my first minor operation in a Polish hospital. Stay tuned :-) This will be very interesting.

Zabrałem Joan do szpitala, aby przejść z nią przez korytarze i pokazać, jak mnie znaleźć. Cieszę się, że tak zrobiłem. To tylko się ze względu na  panią siedzącą na ławce na drugim piętrze, która widziała nas przechodzących kilka razy w poszukiwaniu właściwego miejsca.  Zapyała mnie, w języku polskim, czy może pomóc, a ja powiedziałem, że tak. Powiedziałem jej, że szukam pokoju lekarzy, a ona zaprowadziła mnie do przełożonej pielęgniarek, która poinformowała mnie, że lekarza nie będzie aż do środy, ale muszę przyjść jutro o 8 rano i najpierw zgłosić się do izby przyjęć na parterze. Kiedy dokonam rejestracji mim wrócić do niej. Lekarz, po naszym pierwszym spotkaniu kilka miesięcy temu, powiedział, że mam przyjść do jego gabinetu we wtorek o 8 rano, więc to była oczywiście błędna informacja. Teraz myślę, że mamy właściwe informacje i Joan powinien być w stanie znaleźć pokój, w którym będę chyba, że zgubi się w pierwszej kolejności.

Więc przez cztery dni nie będzie blogowania przynajmniej aż wrócę do domu.  Jak będę w stanie powiem wam wszystko o mojej pierwszej, poważnej operacji w polskim szpitalu. Bądź gotowy :) To będzie bardzo interesujące.

3 comments:

  1. I hope your surgery goes well. I am sure it will be interesting experience for you. Things hopefully changed for better since 80's when I was in the hospital. Wishing you speedy recovery and comeback soon to your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best to you, David. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the operation, David!
    Do not worry - I know lots of people - Polish and foreign who are raving about the Polish surgeons and the hospital care.

    Will miss reading your posts for a while - maybe Joan can give us short updates on your recovery?

    ReplyDelete