Saturday, November 09, 2013

Interesting news.

I received some surprise in the mail from the court that deals with property in Babice, the place where my paternal grandfather left property when he immigrated to the U.S. From another relative here, the thought was that the property should belong to me now since I am his descendent. Another cousin from the north of Poznań told me about this and when I checked with a real estate lawyer here I decided it wasn't worth the time and cost to reclaim it.

Today I received 5 documents from the court and three of them were written statements that my grandfather had given the property in 1968 to his niece, Stefania, who was still alive at that time and living in Jankowice, a small village near Babice. She died in 2005 but had a son, Jozef, who is still alive and he was one of two cousins I met two months ago.  He thought the property also belonged to me and is or was probably unaware that his mother was actually the owner.  With this new documentation I have from the court I will send him copies so that he knows about it now.  There is a court hearing about ownership of the property on the 12th of December and I think he should go and claim his rightful ownership now. It will be interesting to see what happens. I am thinking about maybe even going to Jankowice next weekend to talk to him about this.

Otrzymałem zaskakujący list z sądu , który zajmuje się nieruchomością w Babicach , miejscem gdzie mój dziadek pozostawił nieruchomość innemu krewnemu, gdy wyemigrował do USA. Myśl była taka, że nieruchomość powinna należeć teraz do mnie, ponieważ jestem jego potomkiem . Inny kuzyn mieszkający na północ od Poznania powiedział mi o tym i gdy sprawdziłem to z prawnikiem specjalistą od nieruchomości postanowiłem, że nie jest warte czasu i kosztów ,  aby go odzyskać.

Dziś otrzymałem 5 dokumentów z sądu , a trzy z nich to były napisane oświadczenia , że mój dziadek dał nieruchomości w 1968 roku swojej siostrzenicy Stefanii , która wciąż żyje w tym czasie i mieszkała w Jankowicach , małej wiosce niedaleko Babic . Zmarła w 2005 roku , ale miał syna Józefa , który jest wciąż żyje i jest jednym z dwóch kuzynów , których spotkałem dwa miesiące temu . On myślał, że nieruchomość również należała do mnie i jest lub był prawdopodobnie nieświadomy, że jego matka była rzeczywistym właścicielem. Dzięki tej nowej dokumentacji z sądu, zrobię ich kopie i wyślę mu , żeby o tym wiedział. 12 grudnia odbędzie się w sądzie rozprawa o własność nieruchomości  i myślę, że on powinien iść i zgłosić teraz roszczenie do prawa własności . To będzie interesujące zobaczyć, co się stanie. Myślę o wyjeździe do Jankowic w najbliższy weekend, aby  porozmawiać z nim na ten temat.

No comments:

Post a Comment