Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Success story

Cousins Józef Piasecki and Edward Piekarczyk
 
Yesterday was an amazing day for me  I woke up at 7AM and debated with myself whether or not it
would be worth another trip to Babice to see the priest and in the end I decided I would go. I arrived about 8:05, turned the corner to the church and noticed two men standing  on the  corner.  I parked the car and was opening up my laptop to my family tree to show the priest with dates of birth and death when I heard a knock on my car window.  The two men from the corner were standing next to my car and I opened the door.  They asked me who I was and I told them and then they told me they were two cousins of mine from the nearby village of Jankowice and had taken a bus to come and meet me this morning.  They said they had a call last night from the nun who was so helpful and she told them my story.
 

I brought the old pictures of my great grandfather, grandfather and the cousin from Elblag and immediately recognized his picture and said he was their cousin also.  We talked for about twenty minutes, they gave me their names, addresses, father's and mother's names and children's names plus dates of birth or death.  I'm still not real clear on where the connection is between us because, of course, I couldn't understand everything they said but most of it.
Before we departed they invited me to their houses anytime in the future when I return to the area and of course I will be happy to meet with them again.
Later in the day our host took us to see the old remains of a castle nearby in the forest and we went there with him and his two children.  Once I was there I remembered we had visited this place on our first visit to Babice a few years ago when I had no success finding family members.  This time is was a success.

Wczoraj był niesamowity dzień dla mnie Obudziłem się o 7 rano i dyskutowane z siebie, czy nie warto byłoby kolejną podróż do Babice zobaczyć księdza iw końcu zdecydowałem pójdę. Przyjechałem o 08:05, skręcił za róg do kościoła i zauważył dwóch mężczyzn stojących na rogu. Zaparkowałem samochód i było otwarcie mojego laptopa do mojego drzewa genealogicznego pokazać księdzu z datami narodzin i śmierci, gdy usłyszałem pukanie mojego okna samochodu. Dwaj mężczyźni z rogu stały obok mojego samochodu i otworzył drzwi. Poprosili mnie, kim jestem i powiedziałem im, a potem powiedziano mi, że byli moi dwaj kuzyni z pobliskiej wsi Jankowice i wziął autobus przyjść i spotkać mnie dziś rano. Oni mówili, że połączenie w nocy z zakonnicą, która była tak pomocny i powiedziała im moją historię.


I przyniósł stare zdjęcia mój pradziadek, dziadek i kuzyn z Elbląga i natychmiast rozpoznał jego zdjęcie i powiedział, że był ich kuzyn też. Rozmawialiśmy około dwudziestu minut, dali mi ich nazwiska, adresy, ojca i matki, nazwy i nazwiska dzieci oraz datami urodzin i śmierci. I nadal nie jestem prawdziwym jasne, gdzie połączenie jest między nami, ponieważ, oczywiście, nie mogłem zrozumieć wszystko, co powiedział, ale większość z nich.

Zanim odeszła, że zaprosił mnie do swoich domów w każdej chwili w przyszłości, kiedy wrócę do obszaru i oczywiście będę szczęśliwy spotkać się z nimi ponownie.

Później w ciągu dnia nasz gospodarz zabrał nas do zobaczyć stare ruiny zamku w pobliskim lesie i poszliśmy tam z nim i jego dwoje dzieci. Kiedy byłem tam pamiętałem odwiedziliśmy to miejsce na naszej pierwszej wizyty w Babicach kilka lat temu, kiedy nie miałem powodzenia ze znalezieniem członków rodziny. Tym razem jest to sukces.

No comments:

Post a Comment