Monday, July 29, 2013

Peaceful day.


A cooler day today with no sun and raining a little so it's better. Thunder rolls across the sky like Thor throwing his hammer but without lightning. We woke up late with nothing special to be done except studying and a little domestic work. I think this whole week is going to be like that. Maybe it's time to do a little work on the family history book and update it. I thought we were going to Krakow this coming Friday but Joan reminded me it is not until the 9th. She makes a fine secretary :-)

I received a nice email from a lady in the U.S. who I encouraged to come to Poland and further her own research of her family here.  It was successful and she was able to find some members she didn't know before.

I have to say a special Happy Birthday to cousin Marilyn Mapes from Michigan. I had the pleasure of meeting her and her daughter, Kim, a few years ago when the came to Poland to meet with relatives here from my great grandmothers side of the family. Marilyn is two years older than me and full of energy and an adventurous spirit. Last year and now this year she went to Alaska to work in a resort for the summer. I haven't been to Alaska but now I can see it through her camera lens and that's nice.



Chłodniejsze dni dziś bez słońca i deszczu trochę więc lepiej. Thunder toczy się po niebie jak Thor rzuca młotem, ale bez pioruna. Obudziliśmy się późno, nic specjalnego do zrobienia, z wyjątkiem nauki i trochę pracy domowej. Myślę, że cały ten tydzień będzie tak. Może nadszedł czas, aby zrobić trochę pracy nad książką historii rodzinnej i aktualizować go. Myślałem, że jedziemy do Krakowa w najbliższy piątek, ale Joan przypomniała mi, że nie jest 9.. Ona sprawia, że ​​grzywny sekretarz :-)

I otrzymał długie maila od pani w USA, którzy I zachęcał do przyjazdu do Polski i dalej jej własne badania swojej rodziny tutaj. To był udany i była w stanie znaleźć niektórych członków nie znała
wcześniej

Muszę powiedzieć, specjalny Wszystkiego najlepszego kuzyna Marilyn Mapes z Michigan. Miałem przyjemność spotkać się z nią i jej córka, Kim, kilka lat temu, gdy przyjechał do Polski, aby spotkać się z krewnymi tutaj z mojej wielkiej strony babć w rodzinie. Marilyn jest dwa lata starszy ode mnie i pełna energii i ducha przygód. W zeszłym roku, a teraz w tym roku pojechała na Alaskę do pracy w ośrodku na lato. Nie byłem na Alasce, ale teraz widzę, to przez jej obiektyw i to jest miłe.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment