Saturday, March 30, 2013

Connections.

Last night the lights went out in the hallway of the building and at the same time our TV and internet stopped working.  At first I thought it was a problem of our internet provider but the more I thought about it, it seemed to coincidental. This morning lights, TV and internet were still not working. I went to Echostar, our provider, only to find out the office is closed on weekends so that was no help.  When I returned there were two men in the hallway, one had a toolbox so I asked if he was an electrician and he said yes. I told him my problem and he said he was checking the electrical connections for the lights in the hallway. A little later I heard them leave and I tried the lights. They were working again so I turned on our TV.. It worked so I tried the internet and it was also working again. Evidently the TV-internet was conneted to the lights in the hallway.

I met our neighbor in the hallway and she asked if our TV was working and I told her that now it was. I managed to tell her the problem of connection was due to the hallway lights not working. Amazingly, she understood what I said to her in Polish.

Pisanki made by Ania Wrobel
http://www.flickr.com/photos/inpassa/sets/72157633090947425/show/

Ostatnia noc zgasły światła w korytarzu budynku i jednocześnie nasz TV i internet przestał działać. Na początku myślałem, że to problem naszego dostawcy internetu, ale im więcej o tym myślałem, wydawało się przypadkowe. To poranne światło, telewizor i internet nie były jeszcze działa. Poszedłem do Echostar, naszego dostawcy, tylko dowiedzieć się, biuro jest zamknięte w weekendy, tak aby nie było pomocy. Gdy wróciłem było dwóch mężczyzn w korytarzu, jeden miał przybornik więc zapytałem, czy był elektryk i powiedział tak. Opowiedziałem mu mój problem, a on powiedział, że sprawdzenie połączeń elektrycznych dla świateł w korytarzu. Chwilę później usłyszałem ich zostawić i próbowałem światła. Pracowali ponownie więc włączyłem na naszym telewizorze .. To działa tak próbowałem w internecie i był również działa ponownie. Widocznie TV-internet był conneted do świateł w korytarzu.

Spotkałem bliźniego w korytarzu i zapytała, czy nasz TV pracował i powiedziałem jej, że teraz to jest. Udało mi się powiedzieć jej problemu połączenie było powodu świateł korytarzu nie działa. Zdumiewające, że rozumie to, co powiedział do niej w języku polskim.

No comments:

Post a Comment