Monday, February 11, 2013

Big News.

Of course, the biggest news today is that of the Pope resigning. It was a surprise for me and probably everyone else. I didn't know a Pope could resign.

We had a little snow today and the rest of the week is forecasted to be 0c so Spring is still waiting.

I had a interesting talk with a Polish man living near Paris. He studies Zen Buddhism, a subject I studied myself in my younger years but never pursued. I still have several of the old books from that time. I became interested in it when I read a book titled, "On The Road" by Jack Kerouac when I was about 16 and it fascinated me so much that I looked into the Buddhist religion.

Tonight, for dinner, Joan prepared pork chops and potatoes and a friend gave us some of her home made cabbage soup. It was an interesting combination. The soup had meat mixed in, just a little. Then we had the pork chops and potatoes.  I'm filled up with food for tonight and maybe tomorrow morning.

Oczywiście, największa wiadomość dnia jest taka, że Papież ustępuje. To była niespodzianka dla mnie i zapewne dla każdego. Nie wiedziałem, że papież mógłby zrezygnować.

Dzisiaj mieliśmy trochę śniegu, a naresztę tygodnia prognozuje się 0C, więc wiosna wciąż czeka.

Miałem ciekawą rozmowę z Polakiem żyjącym pod Paryżem. Studiuje Zen Buddyzm, przedmiot którego uczyłem się w moich młodych latach, ale nigdy nie kontynuowałem. Mam jeszcze kilka starych książek z tego okresu. Zainteresowałem się tym, gdy przeczytam książkęzatytułowaną "On The Road" Jacka Kerouaca, kiedy miałem 16 lat i tak bardzo mnie to zafascynowało, że studiowałem buddyzm.

Dziś wieczorem, na kolację, Joan przygotowała kotlety i ziemniaki a przyjaciółka dała nam trochę własnej roboty kapuśniaka. Było to ciekawe połączenie. Zupa miała niewiele mieszanego mięsa. Potem mieliśmy schabowe i ziemniaki. Jestem najedzony i na dzisiejszy wieczór, a może i na jutro rano.

No comments:

Post a Comment