Saturday, October 20, 2012

Poznań Autumn

A few weeks ago I wrote that autumn in the U.P of Michigan was much brighter in colors and now I have to eat my words because upon returning from our vacation I see as much color here in Poland and just as beautiful. I drove around today taking pictures to illustrate my point and they are in the slideshow on the right.

The beauty of driving through the mountians is that you get such a panoramic view of colors in all directions, then you drive down through a small country road along a stream and get another view closer up.  There is something about a stream along side a road that has always captured my heart. It's part of the reason why I loved living in Michigan so much.  On my property was a stream running through it and even at age 40 I found myself spending hours on autumn days playing in the water or moving rocks around. I've been fortunate in my life to live in a beautiful place once before and I feel the same way now in Poland even though I live near the city. There are lots of trees nearby and the three lakes also.  It's not quite the same as living in the middle of the forest, secluded, but it's better than living in the city center.

With winter coming on we won't be making any long trips but next year, God willing, we've already talked about returning to Budapest on our way to Croatia. We have talked with several people about that country and everyone says it is a place we should visit, so we're going to try for it next year. We still haven't decided what to do this Christmas, whether to stay home or go somewhere else for the holiday in Poland.

Kilka tygodni temu pisałem, że jesienią w UP Michigan było dużo jaśniejsze kolory i teraz muszę jeść moje słowa, bo po powrocie z naszych wakacji widzę tyle koloru, tu w Polsce, podobnie jak piękne. I jeździliśmy dziś robić zdjęcia, aby zilustrować mój punkt widzenia i są w pokazie slajdów na prawo.

Piękno jazdy przez mountians że masz taką panoramę kolorów we wszystkich kierunkach, a następnie obniżyć przez małą wiejską drogą wzdłuż strumienia i dostać inny pogląd bliżej up. Jest coś o strumieniu wzdłuż boku drogi, które zawsze podbił moje serce. To jeden z powodów dlaczego kocham mieszka w Michigan tak dużo. Na mojej nieruchomości był strumień działa przez niego, a nawet w wieku 40 lat znalazłem się spędzać czas na jesienne dni gra w wodzie lub przenoszenie skał dookoła. Byłem szczęśliwy w moim życiu, aby żyć w pięknym miejscu, raz przed i czuję się tak samo teraz w Polsce, mimo że mieszka w pobliżu miasta. Istnieje wiele pobliskich drzew i trzy jeziora również. To nie jest to samo, co mieszka w środku lasu, odosobnione, ale lepsze to, niż życie w centrum miasta.

Z zima nadchodzi nie będzie podejmował żadnych długich podróży ale w przyszłym roku, jak Bóg da, już mówił o powrocie do Budapesztu w drodze do Chorwacji. Rozmawialiśmy z kilkoma osobami na temat tego kraju i wszyscy mówią, że jest to miejsce trzeba odwiedzić, więc będziemy próbować do niego w przyszłym roku. Wciąż nie zdecydował, co zrobić to Boże Narodzenie, czy zostać w domu lub udać się gdzieś indziej na urlop w Polsce.

No comments:

Post a Comment