Sunday, August 05, 2012

Big discovery!!!!

I made a startling discovery today for my wife Joan thanks to the internet. I received a notice earlier that the 1940 U.S. census has been indexed and for a short time free to access. I did some work on my own family tree and then thought I would try to find out more for Joan about her family. Over the last 2 years I've tried different ways to find her relatives but with no avail because she  has so little information.  She was always told by her mother they came from Austria or Germany so I have concentrated my efforts there.

Using the new census I not only discovered she had more aunts and uncles then she was told about but that her maternal grandparents actually came from Hungary, not Austria or Germany. Joan told me that early in her life she heard the name Rigo mentioned but her mother said it had no meaning.  As it turns out, there are several small villages around Budapest that have this name so it is more than likely they came from one of them

This is the thing I like about geneology researcfh.  If you keep looking and looking eventually you will find the answers you need.

I also dicovered today that since I started writing this blog in 2006 I have over 200,000 hits to my blog.

Zrobiłem wstrząsającego odkrycia dzisiaj dla moich dzięki Joan żonę do internetu. Otrzymałem zawiadomienie wcześniej, że 1940 US Census zostały zindeksowane i przez krótki czas wolny dostęp. Zrobiłem trochę pracy na moim drzewie genealogicznym i wtedy pomyślałem, że spróbuję się dowiedzieć więcej o Joannie o swojej rodzinie. W ciągu ostatnich 2 lat próbowałem różnych sposobów, aby znaleźć swoich krewnych, ale bez skutku, bo ma tak mało informacji. Ona zawsze powtarzała jej matka przybyli z Austrii lub w Niemczech, więc koncentrują się moje wysiłki nie. 

Korzystając z nowego spisu nie tylko odkryła, że ​​miał więcej ciotek i wujków wtedy powiedziano jej temat, ale że jej dziadkowie faktycznie pochodzi z Węgier, a nie Austrii lub w Niemczech. Joan powiedziała mi, że już w życiu usłyszała nazwisko Rigo wspomniano ale matka powiedziała, że ​​nie ma znaczenia. Jak się okazuje, istnieje kilka małych wiosek w Budapeszcie, które mają tę nazwę tak jest więcej niż prawdopodobne, że pochodzi z jednego z nich 

To jest coś podoba mi się geneology researcfh. Jeśli wciąż szukasz i patrząc w końcu znajdziesz odpowiedzi na swoje pytania.

2 comments:

  1. Anna from Florida4:58 AM

    Joan and David,

    Hungry was part of Austro Hungry and when someone came to US from there country of origin was entered as Austria and not Hungry. especially if person came before WWI. I hope she will be able to find out more about her roots now and one day you will be able to travel to Hungry to see that part of Europe. It is really beautiful and as you know Poland had the Queen Jadwiga, who was wife of Wladyslaw Jagiello. Their children and grandchildren were married to all royal houses of Europe in XV and XVI century. History is very interesting.

    Have fun making new discoveries,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn2:19 AM

    Hi..
    So glad you made some progress on Joan's family! That's super!! Also, I would like to thank--Anna from Florida--for a piece of info that I have been wondering about. My gr.grandfather's(Mom's side)info says Austria for where he came from--made no sense with all the other info I have.....now I understand, THANKS ANNA!

    ReplyDelete