Sunday, January 29, 2012

My mistake. Mój błąd.

Last night, moving back from my computer, I shattered the glass shade on a standing lamp behind my desk I use in the evening.  Fortunately, nothing fell on me and I had no injuries.  I measured the remaining parts of the shade for a replacement and today we went to Praktiker to find a new one. After talking with a salesperson I found out they only sell complete lamps, not shades, and he suggested I go to Castorama, which we did.

At Castorama the only shade that I thought would fit was 51zl so I bought it and took it home.  At home I discovered that too many times lately I rely on my memory when I have the correct information in my pocket.  Needless to say, the shade opening for  the light was 5mm too small and wouldn't fit.  Now, tomorrow, I have to go back to Castorama, explain why I want a refund and then go to Ikea, where I bought the lamp 2 years ago, and see if they have a replacement shade. I created a problem because I relied on my memory even though I had the right measurement in my pocket so I have no one to blame but myself.  Don't you just hate that when it happens?

Still cold outside, -5c, but the sun has been out all day so the flat has warmed up to 22c. We like it at 23c so it's not far off.  Tonight it will most likely go back down but it's better for sleeping anyway.

I discovered last month, much to my dismay, that last year around April, Blogger changed it's archiving format and no longer saves every blog for a particular month.  That was disheartening because even though it listed each day in the archive list, when I opened a particular month after April, in many cases the early days  of each month were and are not available to see anymore so the descriptions of places we have visited are gone.  I wrote to the Blogger Forum for a solution to this problem last month but there has been NO response.  The year my archiving of each month will change and there will now be two entries for each month, part A will be the be the last half of the months blogs and Part B will be the first half.  I can't wait around for someone to tell me how to fix the problem because they probably won't.  So if you happen to be looking at my archives for 2011 from April to November, part of each month is missing and this is why.  It irritates me because this is my history of life in Poland that I want to save and now part is gone.

Ostatniej nocy, przenosząc z powrotem z mojego komputera, I rozbił szkło na lampę stojącą za moim biurku używam wieczorem. Na szczęście, nic nie spadło na mnie i nie miałem kontuzji. I zmierzył pozostałe części cieniu w celu wymiany i dziś poszliśmy do Praktiker znaleźć nową. Po rozmowie z handlowcem dowiedziałem się, że tylko sprzedawać wszystkie lampy nie, odcieni, i zasugerował, idę do Castoramy, które zrobiliśmy.

W Castorama tylko cień, że myślałem, że pasuje to 51zl więc kupiłem go i zabrał go do domu. W domu odkryłem, że zbyt wiele razy ostatnio polegam na swojej pamięci, kiedy mam poprawne informacje w kieszeni. Oczywiście, otwarcie cień światło 5mm zbyt małe i nie pasuje. Teraz, jutro, muszę wrócić do Castorama, wyjaśnić, dlaczego chcę zwrotu, a następnie udać się do Ikei, gdzie kupiłem lampę 2 lata temu, i sprawdzić, czy mają odcień wymiany. I stworzył problem, bo oparł się na mojej pamięci, mimo że miał prawo pomiaru w kieszeni więc nie mam za to winić tylko siebie. Nie macie już serdecznie dość, że kiedy to się stanie?
Na zewnątrz jest zimno,-5c, ale słońce jest przez cały dzień, więc mieszkanie ma rozgrzana do 22c. Chcemy go w 23c więc to nie jest daleko. Dziś będzie to najprawdopodobniej z powrotem w dół, ale lepiej do spania i tak.

Odkrywałem w ubiegłym miesiącu, ku mojemu przerażeniu, że w ubiegłym roku około kwietnia, Blogger zmienił swoje archiwizacji formatu i nie zapisuje każdy blog za dany miesiąc. To było przygnębiające, ponieważ mimo że na liście każdego dnia w liście archiwum, kiedy otworzył w danym miesiącu po kwietniu, w wielu przypadkach pierwszych dniach każdego miesiąca były i nie są dostępne, aby zobaczyć już tak opisy miejsc, które odwiedziliśmy już nie ma. Napisałem na forum Blogger dla rozwiązania tego problemu w ubiegłym miesiącu, ale nie było odpowiedzi.Roku mój archiwizacji każdego miesiąca zmieni i nie będzie teraz dwa wpisy dla każdego miesiąca, część będzie się drugiej połowie miesiącach blogi i B będą w pierwszej połowie. Nie mogę czekać na kogoś, kto powie mi jak rozwiązać ten problem, ponieważ prawdopodobnie nie będzie. Więc jeśli zdarzy ci się być patrząc na moich archiwów w 2011 r. od kwietnia do listopada, część każdego miesiąca brakuje i dlatego. Irytuje mnie, bo to jest moja historia życia w Polska, że chcę, aby zapisać i teraz część już nie ma.

2 comments:

  1. Hello David,
    My name is Agnieszka and I found your blog a while ago and have been trying to read through the archives. I found your writing really interesting, considering I'am a Pole living in America, so we're in opposite situation. I had to stop reading at some point since it's simply to many entries :) I decided to follow your blog from time to time and to introduce myself.

    I didn't reach last year in my reading but I just checked and want to tell you that I'm able to see all the blogs. True, when you just click on a specific month and scroll down, it stops around 15th or 20th and there's no "older posts" option. But you can still click on each post on the menu on the left where they are listed by name under every month. You just need to look at each of them separately. I hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agnieszka,
    Thank you VERY much for reading our blog and a special thanks for telling me about the archives and how you can read the missing ones that don't appear on the main page. I was afraid that I had lost all of those writings.

    ReplyDelete