Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween.....

     The time is approaching for Rogale so I bought a few today to get a head start.
Halloween night in America.  I remember it well from my youth, dressing up in costumes, trick or treating, getting tons of  candy, apples and sometimes a little money.  In those days it was safe to go door to door in the neighborhoods, knock on doors, say "Trick of Treat" and then receive the goodies.  Times have changed and now kids have to be chaperoned and everything checked before they eat it.  How sad!!
We're all set for the trip to Golina tomorrow.  I gassed up the car at Makro and got a surprise when the clerk told me they no longer accept Visa cards and I had to pay cash.  Luckily, I had enough in my pocket to cover the bill.
Halloween w Ameryce. Pamiętam go dobrze z mojej młodości, ubieranie się w stroje, trick lub leczenia, coraz ton cukierków, jabłek i czasami trochę pieniędzy. W tamtych czasach to było bezpieczne, aby przejść od drzwi do drzwi w dzielnicach, pukanie do drzwi, powiedzieć "Trick of Treat", a następnie otrzyma gadżety. Czasy się zmieniły i teraz dzieci muszą być chaperoned i wszystko sprawdzić przed ich jeść. Jakie to smutne!

Jesteśmy gotowe na wyjazd do Golina jutro. I zagazowanych do samochodu w Makro, ale zdziwienie, gdy urzędnik powiedział mi, że nie akceptujemy kart Visa i musiałem zapłacić. Na szczęście miałem wystarczająco dużo w kieszeni na pokrycie rachunku.

1 comment:

  1. PS, don't forget to check out the horse palace while you're near Golina!

    ReplyDelete