Friday, August 19, 2011

Progress?

Today was lesson day with Zbyszek and at the end he said he thought I was making progress in being able to say some things without thinking in English first.  That was good to hear because I feel I am at a crossroad now and maybe in the next six months there will be a much bigger difference in my speaking.  Anyway, that is what I hope will happen.

Joan is also progressing but it is harder for her.  However, she is doing more and studying more than ever so I hope that will help her also.

Today I had my first conversation with a girl from Prague who will teach me some basic Czech language before our trip to Prague.  I think it would be nice to at least say a few things in the language of the people who live there.

Dziś był dzień lekcji ze Zbyszkiem i na koniec powiedział, że myślał, że robi postępy w jest w stanie powiedzieć kilka rzeczy, bez myślenia w języku angielskim w pierwszej kolejności. To było dobre, aby usłyszeć, ponieważ czuję się na rozdrożu teraz i być może w ciągu najbliższych sześciu miesięcy będzie znacznie większa różnica w moim mówienia. W każdym razie, że to, co mam nadzieję nastąpi.

Joan jest również postęp, ale trudniej jest dla niej. Jednak robi więcej i nauki bardziej niż kiedykolwiek, więc mam nadzieję, że pomoże jej również.

Dzisiaj miałem pierwszą rozmowę z dziewczyną z Pragi, którzy uczą mnie kilka podstawowych języka czeskiego przed naszą wycieczkę do Pragi. Myślę, że byłoby miło, przynajmniej powiedzieć kilka słów w języku ludzi, którzy tam mieszkają.

2 comments:

  1. Hi David, I came here from LoisB I am Polish living for the last 27 years in America. And I think is so akward when people ask us immigrants to think in the new language. Hell if we new how to think, we would now how to speak and would not need any teachers.
    Thinking is a process that is happening, kind of beside our control. From my experience I think the most important thing is to just talk to anybody who wants to listen:)) If you keep talking, even if you make mistakes somehow the thinking will follow:)) After 27 years I can't say what language I am thinking in, just can't. Call me "stupid Polack":)) but I don't know, till I "watch" my thoughts, then I can catch myself on either language. You doing GREAT job writing in polish and that's a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stardust,
    Thanks for the comments and visiting our blog.

    ReplyDelete