Saturday, March 19, 2011

Full moon.



As you can see from the pictures it's a full moon night here in Poznań and we're about to watch the movie "The Hurt Locker".

Earlier today it was sunny and bright so we went to Carrefour to buy bread, water and candles.  Since we just happened to be in the neighborhood we made a stop at our favorite place, Kandulski's, because we didn't have a weekly meeting with Zbyszek and didn't want to disappoint the sales people there.  It's been three weeks since a car crashed into one of their front windows and it is still not replaced or the frame fixed.

I spent a few hours this morning listening to my lesson with Zbyszek yesterday and came to the conclusion that no matter how long I study Polish I will never speak like a person from Poland.  Even though I may say the right words and am understood, there is definitely a difference in pronunciation and inflection.  Don't get  me wrong, I'm not about to stop learning the language and some day I'll know it but I'll never speak it the same way.

Jak widać ze zdjęć to noc pełni księżyca tu w Poznaniu i zamierzamy się obejrzeć film "The Hurt Locker".

Wcześniej dzisiaj było słonecznie i jasne więc poszliśmy do Carrefour kupić chleba, wody i świece. Ponieważ właśnie stało się w sąsiedztwie zrobiliśmy przystanek na nasze ulubione miejsce, Kandulski, bo nie mamy cotygodniowe spotkanie ze Zbyszkiem i nie chciał zawieść sprzedaży ludzi. To było trzy tygodnie od czasu, samochód uderzył w jeden z ich przednie szyby i nadal nie otrzymuje lub rama stała.

Spędziłem kilka godzin dziś rano słuchając mojej lekcji z Zbyszek wczoraj i doszła do wniosku, że nie ważne jak długo studiować Polska nigdy nie będzie mówił jak człowiek z Polska. Nawet mogę powiedzieć, że odpowiednie słowa i mam rozumieć, że jest to z pewnością różnica w wymowie i przegięcia. Nie zrozumcie mnie źle, nie mam zamiaru przestać nauki języka i pewnego dnia będę wiedział, ale nigdy nie mówić w ten sam sposób.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got to see the moon. We had cloudy weather. From Minnesota Public Radio I learned we would see the largest moon and have to wait until 2029 to see this again. It has something to do with the elliptical shapes of both the earth and moon orbits, and right now the moon is about 12,000 miles closer than usual.

    Funny about the accent. The Polish kids always compliment me -- with some surprise about my accent. I laugh and say my accent should be good because the only place I hear Polish is in Poland. But oh! what I can say is way far from perfect!

    Everyone carries an accent when they move to another language. With the amount of immigrants and refugees students we have, my ear is quite tuned. I can tell the difference between East and West Africa for example, and the accent of Central Europeans is quite different from Asian students, etc
    Don't worry about it!

    ReplyDelete