Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas party.





What was going to be a large Christmas party turned into a small party because many of the invitees came without their spouse so instead of 20 people we ended up with just nine.  Of course, I had bought enough food and pastries for 20 so now we have an abundance of cheese, sausage and pastries left over for this week to consume.  That's not necessarily a bad thing but I would rather have had the 20 people.

To make room for all the expected guests I actually moved the Christmas tree from the living room to the dining room but in the end it wasn't necessary.  We started at 8PM and by 12:30AM the last guest had left. We spent the next hour cleaning up and putting things away.

Co to będzie duży Christmas party zamienił się w małej partii, ponieważ wielu z zaproszonych przybyli bez współmałżonka więc zamiast 20 osób znaleźliśmy się zaledwie dziewięć. Oczywiście, że kupił wystarczającą ilość pożywienia i wypieki na 20, więc teraz mamy mnóstwo sera, wędliny i ciasta pozostały w tym tygodniu do konsumpcji. To nie jest koniecznie złą rzeczą, ale wolałbym mieć 20 osób.


Aby zrobić miejsce dla wszystkich gości oczekuje I rzeczywiście przeniósł się choinki z salonu z jadalnią, ale w końcu nie było konieczne. Zaczęliśmy o 8 wieczorem i 00:30 do ostatniego gościa już nie było. Spędziliśmy następną godzinę oczyszczenie i oddanie rzeczy od hotelu.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure everyone had a great time, but what a disappointment for you and Joan. Do you know why so many came without spouses? Some type of miscommunication?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they were afraid they would have to speak English.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I run a party at home I request a RSVP for those attending. Is the same protocal used in Poland?
    People tend to be uncomfortable using a language they are not fluent in. The evening tends to get long and the conversation very supperficial. I speak Polish but my spouse does not. If I want to meet with friends who only speak Polish I go by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is Ann, unfortunately not all adhere to it.
    I agree about the language but when you have both languages being spoken I don't see why not attend.

    ReplyDelete