Saturday, November 06, 2010

Shopping day.

Today I bought the SuperMemo for beginners of the Polish language for someone. I tried adding it to my laptop for use by Joan and I as a little diversion from our Intermediate level but it wouldn't load.  It kept telling me I needed Windows Media Player 7 or higher but I am using version 11 already so it should work.  Couldn't figure out how to correct the problem so I sent an email to SuperMemo and I'm sure they will reply with a fix for the problem on Monday.  They are excellent in their customer  service.

We went to Auchan today.  No, it's not a town, just another shopping center owned by a French company.  There are a few of them around Poznań.  We went there because Joan has had no success in trying to buy the spice Cumin in any of the stores we go to so we thought that maybe in Auchan they would have it.  They did not so the search continues.

Also I had to buy a toner cartridge for my Samsung printer and went to 3 stores before I found it.  It's a black and white printer and the cartridge costs 243zl. ($88).  Fortunately, it usually lasts me about 6 months. Prices are a little higher for ink.

Dzisiaj kupiłem SuperMemo dla początkujących z języka polskiego dla kogoś. Próbowałem dodać go do mojego laptopa do użytku przez Joan i ja jako mały odchodzenia od naszego poziomie średnio zaawansowanym, ale nie chciały się załadować. To mówili mi informację o konieczności Windows Media Player 7 lub wyższy, ale używam wersji 11 już tak powinno działać. Nie można dowiedzieć się, jak rozwiązać ten problem więc wysłałem maila do SuperMemo i jestem pewien, że odpowiedź z rozwiązaniem dla problemu w poniedziałek. Są doskonałe w ich obsługi klienta.


Poszliśmy do Auchan dziś. Nie, to nie miasto, tylko kolejne centrum handlowe należące do francuskiej firmy. Istnieje kilka z nich wokół Poznania. Pojechaliśmy tam, ponieważ Joan nie ma żadnych sukcesów w próbuje kupić przyprawy kminku w każdym ze sklepów idziemy więc pomyśleliśmy, że może w Auchan będą mieć. Nie szukaj więc dalej.

Również musiałem kupić kasety z tonerem do mojej drukarki Samsung i udał się do 3 sklepy przed znalazłem. Jest to czarno-biała drukarka i 243zl koszty kasety. ($ 88). Na szczęście trwa zwykle mnie około 6 miesięcy. Ceny są nieco wyższe na atrament.

1 comment:

  1. Hey David,

    as for cumin, have you tried the Internet? I googled "kmin rzymski" and apparently several Polish online stores sell it. I think you should order it online: the quality's usually good and the service's no worse.

    Cheers,

    Maciej

    ReplyDelete