Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mass

I found out today from our American Consulate in Poznań that at the Chapel of Theology they have a mass on Saturday night at 8PM in ENGLISH. Joan and I will be going there and it will be nice to once again understand what is being said. I don't know if we will make it a regular habit because I do think going to our local church and hearing the mass in Polish is good for us. At least once in a while we will go to the English one and the priest speaks English also so I can talk with him when I need to. The Consulate lady was the one who instituted the mass in English because of the English speaking people in Poznań and I'm greatful to her for that.

Snow is almost gone again but the gray days remain. Tomorrow starts March Madness in the U.S. and we're hoping to be able to watch a few games via the internet.

Dowiedziałem się dzisiaj od naszego amerykańskiego konsulatu w Poznaniu, że w kaplicy Teologia ich masy w sobotę at 8pm w języku angielskim. Joan i będę się tam i będzie miło po raz kolejny zrozumieć, co się mówi. Nie wiem, czy będziemy je regularnie przyzwyczajenia, ponieważ sądzę, będzie naszego lokalnego Kościoła i słuchu masy w języku polskim jest dla nas dobre. Przynajmniej raz na jakiś czas pójdziemy angielski jeden i ksiądz mówi po angielsku też tak mogę porozmawiać z nim, kiedy muszę. Lady Konsulat który ustanowił masy w języku angielskim ze względu na ludzi znających angielski w Poznaniu i jestem wdzięczna za to.

Śnieg prawie odszedł, ale szare dni pozostało. Jutro zaczyna March Madness w USA i mamy nadzieję być w stanie obejrzeć kilka gier za pośrednictwem Internetu.

4 comments:

  1. Anna from Florida2:09 PM

    Dear Joan and David

    I found out that you can watch all the games for NCAA Tournament on CBSSports.com, which offers free live streaming video of 63 gams via march Madness on demend - mmod.ncaa.com.
    I wish you luck watching the games on your computer.
    Please enjoy and I hope your favorite team wins.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried and got a message that says they will not webstream to IP addresses outside the United States. Same things happened with the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori, don't know about the Olympics but last night I watched a complete game, with commercials and half-time show from...........
    http://mmod.ncaa.com/video/std?ts=1269019784&t=1dbcf01d6c81dac5e924f777a10fe90a&w=90 and it works fine. Looking forward to tonights Duke game at 12:30AM if I can stay awake that long :-)

    ReplyDelete