Thursday, February 04, 2010

Snow shovel.



I bought a snow shovel today to shovel out the space in front of our garage. I'm not getting stuck yet but I thought it a good idea to get rid of some of the snow before I do get stuck.

I went to Praktiker and all they had was plastic snow shovels for 42zl. I went to Castorama and they didn't have any snow shovels, just just a square piece of wood with a long stick that is used for sidewalks and not what I wanted. Is there no one in Poland that makes metal snow shovels?

Back to Praktiker I went. This snow shovel had a scoop and handle that must be fixed to the long stick with wood screws so it doesn't come apart everytime you showel. I bought one and went home just in time for a neighbor lady to pull in behind me, get out of her car and ask me if I had a shovel. I said yes, loaned it to her and watched as she put in the shovel to the snow. The scoop fell off because it wasn't fixed in place yet so I told her I would do it for her. It was funny holding the handle and scoop in place, lifting the snow so the scoop didn't fall off and then dumping the snow. Fifteen minutes later I was done, she thanked me and I took the shovel into the flat to put in the screws. Tomorrow morning I will tackle the shoveling of the driveway.

Kupiłem łopata śnieg dzisiaj łopatą przestrzeń przed naszym garażu. Nie jestem grzęźnie jeszcze, ale myślałem, że to dobry pomysł, aby pozbyć się niektórych śnieg przed I utknąć.

Pojechałem do Praktikera i wszystko, co było plastikowe łopaty śniegu 42zł. Poszedłem do Castoramy i nie ma żadnych łopat śniegu, tylko po prostu kwadratowy kawałek drewna z długim kijem, który jest używany na chodnikach, a nie to, co chciałem. Czy nikt w Polska sprawia, że łopaty śniegu metal?

Powrót do Praktiker poszedłem. Miało to łopata śnieg łopatka i obsługi, które muszą być zamocowane do długiego kija z wkręty do drewna, więc nie łupały Everytime You showel. Kupiłem jedną i poszedł do domu w sam raz dla pani sąsiad wciągnąć za sobą, wyjść z jej samochód i pytają mnie, czy miałem łopatę. Powiedziałem tak, wypożyczony do niej i patrzyłem, jak ona go umieścić w łopaty śniegu. Scoop spadł, ponieważ nie ustalono jeszcze miejsca, więc powiedziałem jej, że robię to dla niej. To było zabawne gospodarstwa uchwyt i łopatka w miejscu, podnosząc śnieg tak łopatka nie spadnie, a następnie zrzucać śnieg. Piętnaście minut później stało, podziękowała mi i wziąłem łopatę do mieszkania do wprowadzenia śrub. Jutro rano będę walki shoveling na podjazd.

1 comment:

  1. The snow shovels in the US are plastic. They are all made in China, light and cheap. They are for efficient than the steel ones.

    ReplyDelete