Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Inspection?

Did the inspection thing yesterday and got ripped off by the dealer. 828 zl ($275) for the inspection, oil change and one sensor replaced. Four hours to do it all and I was steaming by the time I left but the language barrier prevented me from saying my piece to them about the cost.

Snow has been playing havoc in Europe this last week and here, where nobody seems to know how to drive in the snow, it is no different. Only four or five inches on the ground but cars stuck everywhere. I made a few trips today and had no problems because after living in the Upper Peninsula, this snowfall is a piece of cake to drive in. We had one tenant take 20 minutes to get out of his garage and get to the street, some 30 feet away. It was funny to watch. He would go two inches, get out and shovel the snow in front of his car, go another few inches, shovel again until he finally made it to the street. I just backed out of the garage, put the car in gear and drove with no problem to the main street.

Cousin Oliwia flies back tomorrow to England and I hope she doesn't haven't a problem with the snow there.

Czy coś kontroli wczoraj i dostał oszukany przez sprzedawcę. 828 zł (275 dolarów) dla inspekcji, wymiana oleju i jeden czujnik wymienić. Cztery godziny robić to wszystko i płynął przez czas opuściłem, ale bariera językowa uniemożliwia mi mówi mój kawałek ich o koszty.

Śnieg został gry spustoszenie w Europie to w zeszłym tygodniu i tutaj, gdzie nikt nie wydaje się wiedzieć, jak do jazdy w śniegu, nie jest inaczej. Tylko cztery lub pięć centymetrów na ziemi, ale samochodów zatrzymany wszędzie. Zrobiłem kilka wyjazdów dziś i nie miał problemów, ponieważ po żyjących na Górnym Półwyspie tego śniegu jest kawałek ciasta do kierowania do nas i miał jeden lokator się 20 minut, aby wydostać się z garażu i dostać się do ulicy, około 30 metrów. To było zabawne oglądać. Pójdzie dwa cale, wyjść i łopata śnieg z przodu samochodu, przejść jeszcze kilka centymetrów, łopaty ponownie, aż w końcu ją na ulicę. Po prostu wycofał się z garażu, umieść samochód na bieg i pojechał bez problemu do głównej ulicy.

Cousin Oliwia leci jutro do Anglii i mam nadzieję, że nie ma to nie problem ze śniegiem nie.

4 comments:

  1. Marilyn6:59 PM

    Hi...
    81 kilos, hu??? I guess you wanted me to exercise my brain...I took the easy wasy....did a google!
    Ya, I'd say you got RIPPED OFF, it probably wasn't the first time and probably won't be the last!!! I can't count the times I feel ripped off---I always feel that way about getting cars fixed--of course, they always find something more wrong with it.
    THINK HAPPY!!!
    Hugs,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn7:00 PM

    Oh, I forgot...the story about the tenant in the snow is hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcus7:12 AM

    David, please explain if a pensioner gets approx 800zl a month how is he able to afford to get his car serviced, very distressing. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcus,
    That is a question for the government, not for me :-)

    ReplyDelete