Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Blood

Spent the whole day at Wielkapolska Centrum Oncologi building in Poznań. I was lucky enough to find the doctors office just as he was walking out with a patient. I gave him my printed results of the blood/urine tests from the clinic, he read them and said they were not really good enough to tell him anything specific and told me to take this plastic cup, make another sample right now and then go to the lab for bloodwork of a specific nature which he wrote instructions for. While I was waiting I felt a little weak from standing so long, went into the hallway and sat down against the wall. Within a minute there were 5 nurses in front of me, one with a wheelchair, lifting me up and putting me in the chair. I told them I was just tired but they rolled me into a room with a bed and put me on it. The doctor came right in, asked what happened and I said I was just tired and wanted to sit down. They took my blood pressure, it was normal. The doc said they needed my account number with national health care in order to make the appointment with the urologist. I called Joan, got the number, gave it to them and 20 minutes later they said NFZ did not recognize the number and wanted to see a copy of the contract. I had no choice but to drive back home, get the contract and return to the hospital.

They made a copy, said it was fine and then 1/2 later said they needed proof I had paid last months premium since we pay a month late here. Again, get up, get in the car, drive home, get the bank receipt copy of the acceptance of the payment, go back to the hospital, get a copy made and then everything was fine. The doctor had the first results of the tests and his first impression is that I have a high inflammation of the urinary tract. He doesn't know what I have it but all signs point in that direction. White blood cell, red blood cell, hemoglobin are all with the normal range but the protein count in the blood which should be from 5 to 25 normally, is 335 in my case. So tomorrow I must return to hospital for more blood work at 8AM and then take it from there. This sure is fun :_(

Wyczerpany cały dzień w Wielkapolska Środka Oncologi wbudowującym Poznań. Byłem dość szczęśliwy by znaleźć biuro doktorów właśnie jak on wychodził z pacjentem. Dałem mu moje wydrukowane wyniki krwi/uryny testów od kliniki, on przeczytał ich i powiedział, że oni nie są naprawdę dość dobrzy by powiedzieć mu czegoś określonego i powiedzieli, żebym wziął tę plastyczną filiżankę, zrobić inną próbkę właśnie teraz i wtedy pójść do laboratorium dla bloodwork określonej natury, którą on napisał instrukcje dla. Podczas gdy czekałem poczułem się trochę słabego od stania tak długo, poszedłem do korytarza i siadałem przeciw ścianie. W granicach minuty tam były 5 pielęgniarek przede mną, jedną z wózkiem inwalidzkim, podnosząc mnie i kładące mnie w krześle. Powiedziałem im byłem właśnie zmęczony ale oni potoczyli mnie do pokoju z łóżkiem i kładą mnie na tym. Doktor przyszedł w prawo w, pytał co zdarzone się i powiedziałem, że jestem właśnie zmęczony i chciałem siadać. Oni wzięli moje ciśnienie krwi, to było normalne. Doktor powiedział oni potrzebny mój numer konta z narodową opieką medyczną by zrobić umówiony termin z urologiem. Zawołałem Joan, dostałem liczbę, dałem to im i 20 minut później oni powiedzieli, że NFZ nie rozpoznaje liczby i chciał zobaczyć kopię kontraktu. Nie miałem żadnego wyboru ale by pojechać z powrotem do domu, dostać kontrakt i wrócić do szpitala.

Oni zrobili kopię, powiedzieli, że to czuje się świetnie i wtedy 1/2 później powiedzieli oni potrzebny dowód, który zapłaciłem ostatniej nagrodzie miesięcy ponieważ płacimy miesiąc późno tutaj. Znowu, wstań, zbierz samochód, popędź do domu, dostań kopię pokwitowania bankowego akceptacji zapłaty, wróć do szpitala, dostań kopię zrobioną i wtedy wszystko czuło się świetnie. Doktor miał pierwsze wyniki testów i jego pierwsze wrażenie jest, że mam wysokie zapalanie obszaru moczowego. On nie zna czego mam to ale cały znaków punkt w tamtym kierunku. Krwinka biała, krwinka czerwona, hemoglobina są wszystko z normalnym zasięgiem ale białko wliczają krew, która powinna być od 5 do 25 normalnie, jest 335 w moim przypadku. Tak jutro, którego muszę zwrócić do szpitala dla więcej pracy krwi przy 8AM i wtedy wziąć to stamtąd. To pewnie jest zabawa :_(

2 comments:

  1. They did WHAT??? I am absolutely outraged! That's a blatant discrimination against foreigners!

    If it was me, I would just agree to pay for everything on the spot and then fight with the NFZ over the charges. I would also find a way to publicize the Center's mistreatment of the patients in the media.

    Good luck today, David (please bring all your documents with you!) - trzymam kciuki :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now Beata, don't be like that. The clinic nurses were all super in their treatment of me and they were only doing what the national system said must be done. You've only been back a short time, you'll catch on the the games people play soon. Keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete