Monday, March 16, 2009

X-rays and records

Flower market
Poznań Archives

At 9AM I went to have the x-rays taken on Słowackiego street. It's a big building and all kinds of doors to choose from. I walked up to the information desk, asked where do I go for x-rays and was given directions. It was on the main floor so I didn't have to go far. At the reception desk the girl spoke little English so I tried my luck in Polish. Just as I finished a young lady came up beside me and said she would be happy to translate for me. The receptionist told me where to sit to wait my turn. In front of my were 3 doors marked Kabina 1, Kabina 2 and Kabina 3. When it was my turn I went into Kabina 2, took off my shirt, t-shirt and shoes and waited until the door on the opposite side of the entrance door opened. The technician told me to lay on the x-ray table and it was very cold. After repositioning me she took three x-rays, told me to get dressed and wait outside the x-ray room. Ten minutes later she came out, said the films were good and that I could come back tomorrow to pick them up. Opposite of the U.S., patients take their x-rays and reports with them. They are not kept by the facility. Tomorrow I will return, get the x-rays and then go back to see the family doctor. With bus travel time the whole thing only took 1 1/2 hours.



At 1PM I went to the state archives on Lutego street to meet with Kasia Grzyca. She knows all about the archives and agreed to help me try to find the records of my great grandfather. We searched for a hour through them but couldn't find anything. She suggessted we order the marriage records and see if we could find his marriage record because at that time the record included his parents name and where they came from. We did that and will go back on Friday to our luck again.


Przy 9AM poszedłem kazać promienie Roentgena podjęte się Słowackiego ulicę. To jest duże budynek i dużo drzwi by wybrać od. Chodziłem do punktu informacyjnego, pytanego gdzie idę po promienie Roentgena i byłem dany instrukcje. To było na głównej podłodze tak nie miałem do daleko zajść. Przy recepcji dziewczyna mówiła małe po angielsku tak spróbowałem mój traf po polsku. Właśnie jak skończyłem młoda panienka podeszła obok mnie i powiedziała, że ona będzie szczęśliwa by przetłumaczyć dla mnie. Recepcjonista powiedział mi gdzie usiąść czekać mojego obrotu. Przed moim były 3 drzwi zaznaczyły Kabina 1, Kabina 2 i Kabina 3. Kiedy to był mój obrót poszedłem do Kabina 2, zdjąłem moją koszulę, koszulkę i buty i czekałem aż drzwi na przeciwległej stronie drzwi wejścia otwartych. Technik powiedział, żebym nałożył stół promieni Roentgena i to było bardzo zimne. Po ponownym umiejscowieniu mnie ona wzięła trzy promienie Roentgena, powiedziała, żebym ubrał się i czekać na zewnątrz pokoju promieni Roentgena. Dziesięć minut później ona wyszła, powiedziała, że filmy są dobre i że mógłbym wrócić jutro by podnieść ich. Przeciwległy Stanów Zjednoczonych, pacjenci biorą ich promienie Roentgena i informują z nimi. Oni nie są utrzymani przez łatwość. Jutro, którego zwrócę, dostanę promienie Roentgena i wtedy wrócę zobaczyć lekarza rodzinnego. Z czasem podróży autobusu cała rzecz tylko zajęła 1 1/2 godziny.

Przy 1PM poszedłem do archiwów państwowych na Lutego ulicy by spotkać się z Kasia Grzyca. Ona wie wszystko o archiwach i zgodziła się pomóc mi spróbować znaleźć zapisy mojego wielkiego dziadka. Badaliśmy przez godzinę przez nich ale nie moglibyśmy znaleźć czegoś. Ona suggessted zamówimy zapisy małżeństwa i widzimy jeżeli moglibyśmy znaleźć jego zapis małżeństwa ponieważ w tamtym czasie zapis włączył jego rodziców imię {nazwisko} i gdzie oni pochodzili z. Zrobiliśmy, że i odwołamy piątek do naszego trafu znowu.


2 comments:

  1. Even on the Polish Forums, there is often a grumble about the Polish people being unfriendly. Yes, they leave strangers alone, Polish people are not Walmart greeters, but indeed, just like you, I've always received help when I needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:36 PM

    David,

    Say hello to Kasia for me. She was a huge help in getting us started searching for my wife's ancestry. Good luck and keep us posted.

    John

    ReplyDelete