Sunday, March 22, 2009

Rodzina


Finally, after nine years of research, I have collected the pictures of my grandfather Adams brothers and sisters. It's been an interesting journey that started with a box of old pictures, an old address from 1958 in Poland. a fanatical determination to find out about my ancestry and ended with desire to live in the country of their birth and to know their descendants. Four of them immigrated with my great grandfather Józef in the early 1900's, Adam, Władysław, Ludwik and Cecylia. The other two. Genowefa and Stanisław, remained in Poland with their mother Ludwika. It hasn't ended my searching, however, because now, living in Poland, I have the opportunity to find out so much more and go further back in time. That is what I have been doing this last week and the results have been very satisfying. Now I know who were my great great grandparents and great great great grandparents. I know that eventually the records will end and then that will be the end of my maternal side of the family. However, I haven't really begun to look into my paternal side, the reason I am a Piekarczyk and not a Kazmierczak. Anyone doing research my only advice is that if you really want to know about your family, don't give up no matter what obstacles occur.

W końcu, po dziewięciu latach badań, zebrałem obrazy moich Adams braci dziadka i sióstr. To była interesująca podróż, która zaczęła się z pudełkiem starych zdjęć, starego adresu od 1958 w Polsce. fanatyczne określenie by dowiedzieć się o moich przodkach i skończyła się z życzeniem by zamieszkać w kraju ich urodzenia i by znać ich potomków. Cztery z nich imigrowali z moim pradziadka Józef we wczesnym 1900, Adamie, Władysław, Ludwik i Cecylia. Inny dwa. Genowefa i Stanisław, pozostał w Polsce z ich macierzystym Ludwika. To nie skończyło mojego badania, jednak, ponieważ teraz, mieszkając w Polsce, mam okazję by wynajdować tyle więcej i pójść dalsze plecy na czas. To jest co robiłem ten w ubiegłym tygodniu i wyniki bardzo zaspokajały. Teraz znam, że , który był moi prapradziadkowie i praprapradziadkowie. Wiem, że ostatecznie zapisy skończą się i wtedy, które będą wykończyć kogoś moja matczyna strona rodziny. Jednak naprawdę nie zacząłem zaglądać do mojej ojcowskiej strony, powodu jestem Piekarczyk i nie Kazmierczak. Ktoś robiący badają moja jedyna rada jest, że jeżeli naprawdę chcesz wiedzieć o twojej rodzinie, nie zaniechasz żadna sprawa jakie przeszkody zdarzają się.

2 comments:

  1. The last time I was in Poland I came back emptyhanded. I went to the parish priest in Kawnice to find my maternal grandfather and was told that I must have the exact date of his birth. I told the priest if I had that I wouldn't be knocking on his door. He told me he didn't have time to look. When I go back I will insist that he makce time.

    Can you tell me where in Poznan or Golina that you searched? I have a grandmother born in Adamow also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. greenbandman,

    I searched in the Poznań archives on Lutego street. The lady I worked with is very good in this field. It might be worth your while to contact her for help. If you want to know more write me, privately.

    ReplyDelete