Monday, March 23, 2009

Rain, Browar and languages.


Started out with a bright sunny day and ended with gray clouds and rain. I had to go to Stary Browar to meet someone so I took the car instead of a bus. Didn't feel like waiting the the rain although there is an enclosed bus stop on the corner. Browar has an underground parking lot so no rain there. Parking is relatively cheap to parking in Chicago. 2 hours cost 9ZL($2.50) so I have no complaint about that.

Browar itself is a very nice, large shopping mall with several floors and more shops than I need. It also has a movie complex, dozens of restaurants, clothing stores, etc, etc. It's a nice place to walk around but I can only do so much window shopping and of course, because it is so new the prices are high. It has competition now from the newest mall opened across from Lake Malta. This one is even bigger but I haven't been there yet to see it. Someday we will go but it's not on the list of things to do right now.

Joan spoke with cousin Michał Mejer today about meeting with Michał's wife, Oliwika, so they can practice their languages. Oliwia speaks English already but doesn't want to lose her skills and Joan is interested in talking with her on a semi-regular basis so she can improve her Polish language speaking. They will start after Easter and Joan is looking forward to it. They will most likely meet twice a week.

My "Genie" and I have made an agreement for her to do some further research into my family and fill in the gap of thirteen years from 1855 to 1868 for children born to great great great grandfather Feliks. I am sure there must be more born in that period and one of them will lead to cousins in Blizanów, a town south of Golina.


Zabrany się z jasno słoneczny dzień i skończył się z chmurami szarości i deszczem. Musiałem pójść do Stary Browar by spotkać kogoś tak wziąłem samochód zamiast autobusu. Nie poczuł ochotę na czekania deszcz chociaż jest załączony przystanek autobusowy na kącie. Browar ma podziemny parking tak żaden deszcz tam. Parking jest stosunkowo tanie do parkingu w Chicago. 2 godzin kosztu 9ZL($2.50) tak nie mam żadnej skargi dookoła tamto.

Browar sam jest bardzo miłe, wielkie centrum handlowe z kilkoma podłogami i więcej sklepów niż potrzebuję. To też ma film kompleks, tuziny restauracji, sklepów z odzieżą, itd, i tak dalej To jest miłe miejsce by przejść się ale mogę tylko zrobić tyle oglądania witryn sklepowych i oczywiście, ponieważ to jest tak nowe ceny są wysokie. To ma konkurencję teraz od najbardziej nowej strefy dla pieszych otwartej w poprzek z Jeziora Malty. To człowiek jest nawet większy ale nie miałem tam jeszcze zobaczyć tego. Pewnego dnia pójdziemy ale to nie jest na liście rzeczy by czynić właśnie teraz.

Joan mówiła z kuzyna Michał Mejer dzisiaj o spotkaniu z żoną Michał , Oliwika, więc oni mogą zastosować w praktyce ich języki. Oliwia mówi po angielsku już ale nie chce stracić jej umiejętności i Joan jest zainteresowana w mówieniu z nią na pół regularnej podstawie tak ona może ulepszyć jej polski język mówiący. Oni zaczną się po Wielkiejnocy i Joan oczekuje tego. Oni będą najbardziej prawdopodobną zbiórkę dwa razy tydzień.

Moje "Genie" i ja zawarłem ugodę dla niej by robić kilka dalszych badań do mojej rodziny i zapełnić lukę trzynastu lat od 1855 do 1868 dla dzieci urodzonych do praprapradziadka Feliks. Jestem pewny tam muszę być bardziej urodzony w tamtym okresie i jeden z nich będzie prowadzić do kuzynów w Blizanów, mieście na południe od Golina.

1 comment:

  1. Getting anxious to see some of Poznan. When I was in Poland in 2006 I stayed a couple days extra and went to the Arkadia in Warsaw. There I took a photo that I used in my community health nursing class to discuss health outreach. All my students guessed that I took the photo at the nearby Mall of America. The students couldn't believe it when I told them Warsaw. Then they'd ask: "Why is the poster in English?" When I would tell them it was in English because English would be cool to teens and early twenties, they couldn't believe that either!

    Well, it's only 2 more days until I can pick my seat on the plane going from MSP to Amsterdam.

    ReplyDelete