Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Day 1

Slupca house

First day on the drugs and already I feel the difference. Coughing has diminished, I was able to sleep last night, only waking up once at 1AM, and then didn't wake up until 9AM. So I believe I'm on the right road to recovery. Really am tired of this cold and feeling not so good. Worst of all it has kept me in the flat all this time and I'm getting cabin fever. I wanted to go out for a walk today but knew better. I'll wait a few more days until I'm well.

Joan made potato pancakes from her new cookbook and they were good. My mom used to make them when I was younger and I haven't had them in quite a while so it was a nice treat. Plus it's another item she has added to her rotating menu of things to cook. Next thing she is going to try is the Lentil soup from the book.

Being shut in like I have been, the TV has been on way too much but the news is always the same. Financial crisis, murders, wars, children dying, etc. It would be nice if someone would create a channel for positive news in the world but I guess that's too much to ask for.

Housing prices are coming down. We actually saw an ad for a house in Słupca that looks good from the pictures and is affordable. If it's still available when I'm well enough to go outside we will make an appointment to see it. Słupca is a small town about 20 km west of Golina and about 70 km east of Poznań. Cousin Norbert Bekalarek has a house in that town and we have been there 3 times

Pierwszy dzień na narkotykach i już czuję różnicę. Kaszleć zmniejszyło, mogłem spać ubiegłej nocy, tylko budzące się raz przy 1AM, i wtedy nie budziłem się aż do 9AM. Tak wierzę, że jestem na właściwej drodze do poprawy. Naprawdę jestem zmęczony z tego zimna i uczucia nie taki dobry. Najgorzej wszystkiego to trzymało mnie w mieszkaniu cały tym razem i ja dostaję gorączkę kabiny. Chciałem wyjść dla spaceru dzisiaj ale wiedziałem lepiej. Będę czekać kilku więcej dni aż będę czuć się dobrze.

Joan zrobiła naleśniki ziemniaka od jej nowej książki kucharskiej i oni byli dobrzy. Moja mamusia zwykła zrobić ich kiedy byłem młodszy i nie miałem ich w całkiem chwili tak to była miła przyjemność. Plus to jest inna pozycja, którą ona dodała do jej obracającego się menu rzeczy by zagotować się. Następna rzecz ona idzie do próby jest zupą Soczewicy od książki.

Bycie otaczany jak byłem, telewizja była na drodze za bardzo ale wiadomości są zawsze to samo. Kryzys finansowy, morderstwa, wojny, dzieci umierające, i tak dalej To byłoby miłe jeżeli ktoś tworzyłby kanał dla pozytywnych wiadomości w świecie ale domyślam się, który jest za bardzo by poprosić dla.

Lokujące ceny obniżają się. Faktycznie zobaczyliśmy ogłoszenie dla domu w Słupca, które wygląda dobry od obrazów i jest takie na którego stać. Jeżeli to jest jeszcze dostępne kiedy będę mieć dobrze dość pójść na zewnątrz my zrobię umówiony termin by zobaczyć to. Słupca jest małe miasto około 20 zachodu km Golina i około 70 wschodu km Poznań. Kuzyna Norbert Bekalarek ma dom w tamtym mieście i byliśmy tam 3 razami

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:45 PM

    Dear Joan and David,

    I am so glad that you are feeling better. Also I would lik eot thank you for including the link to Zamoyski Palace, which is very near my home town and when you come for visit we can go there and see it. Of course when I get to Poland. Hopefully it will be some time in spring.
    When you go to your doctor ask her if you can get the flu shots this year in the fall and maybe also pneumonia shot. The last one is good for 10 years, so is worth it. Flu you have to take every year, we do it and so far so good. I do know from my familiy members that this year's flu is really bad and makes you really sick.
    The house looks good, I hope you will be able to get it.

    Good luck and feel better fast so you can enjoy good food and company of your family and friends.

    Best wishes to you both

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna,
    I thought you would enjoy seeing the Zamoyski website:-)
    We did get flu shots two months ago but, like you said, this years strain of flu is very strong.

    ReplyDelete