Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Dinner


Joan prepared the pork stewed with apples(Wieprzowina duszona z jabłkami). I assisted with the cutting of the pork. It was very good, even using water instead of vegetable bouillon. Next time we will try it with the bouillon. Tomorrow she will make the coleslaw.

It was a warmer day today, good enough to go for walk.
Tomorrow is a big day in Poland. It is the day of collecting money(donations) to help the poor children in Poland. There will be volunteers on most streets asking everyone to contribute what the can. If I could speak Polish better I would be one of them.

Hi, it's Joan.........................Yes I made the first recipe from the new cookbook. It was easy but doing it the first time took a little time. The ingredients are not listed at the top (like other recipe books), he explained that in order to fit everything in the book would have taken too much space, but I got used to it. I read that one of the ingredients was "court bouillon" and I never heard of it. It said I could use water instead so I did. Later I was reading the cookbook and I found court bouillon and it said it meant vegetable bouillon. It was a good recipe and I will make it again. Tomorrow I will make coleslaw. It also has apples and hard boiled eggs in it. I'm looking forward to trying it. I love to cook and this is an excellent way to learn Polish cooking.

Joan przygotowała wieprzowinę duszoną z jabłkami(Wieprzowina duszona z jabłkami). Byłem obecnym z cięciem wieprzowiny. To było bardzo dobre, nawet używająca woda zamiast roślinnego {warzywnego} bulionu. Na drugi raz spróbujemy to z bulionem. Jutro ona zrobi surówkę z kapusty.

To był cieplejszy dzień dzisiaj, dość dobry by pójść po spacer {chód}.

Jutro jest duży dzień w Polsce. To jest dzień zbierania pieniędzy(dary) by pomóc biednym dzieciom w Polsce. Będą ochotnicy na większości ulic pytających {proszących} każdy by przyczynić się czym puszka. Jeżeli mógłbym mówić po polsku lepiej byłbym jednym z nich.

Cześć, to jest Joan.........................Yes zrobiłem pierwszą receptę od nowej książki kucharskiej. To było łatwe ale robiące to pierwszy czas zajął trochę {mały} czasu. Składniki nie są umieszczone w spisie przy szczycie (jak inne książki recepty), on udzielił wyjaśnienia, że by odpowiedzieć {by dostosować} wszystko w książce wzięłoby za bardzo przestrzeń, ale przyzwyczaiłem się do tego. Czytam, że jeden ze składników był "sądu {dworu} bulion" i nigdy nie słyszałem o tym. To powiedziało, że mógłbym użyć wody zamiast tego tak zrobiłem. Później czytałem książkę kucharską i znalazłem bulion sądu {dworu} i to powiedziało, że to oznaczy roślinny {warzywny} bulion. To była dobra recepta i zrobię to znowu. Jutro zrobię surówkę z kapusty. To też ma jabłka i twarde jajka gotowane w tym. Oczekuję próbowania tego. Kocham zagotować się i to jest doskonały sposób by nauczyć się polskiego gotowania.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:45 PM

    Hi Joan...
    Good for you!!!!!
    Your meal looked delicious!!!!! And it must have been... seeing as how you said you would make it again.
    David, did your socks fit?
    Hugs to you both,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:24 AM

    Joan and David,
    I hope you like the cookbook as much as my husband and I like it. When you get a chance, try the Szarlotka recipe (the traditional one) - it's really good (but we usually double or triple the apple filling since we really like that part the best). Smacznego!

    ZonaP (from NJ, USA)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn,
    Yes, the socks fit well. We're going back today to buy 10 more pairs. That should do for the next few years :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ZonaP,
    Thanks for the tip. I'll put it on my list of things to try.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:37 AM

    David and Joan, will be visiting Poznan for 4 days in early February. Looking for somewhere to stay, are you able to offer me a room, I know Joans and great cook.
    whats your phone number

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan,

    Unfortunately our flat is small and we have no extra room but there is a hotel the next block over.

    We know several Jans', which one are you? I'll send our phone number to your private email when I know who you are:-)

    ReplyDelete