Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cookbooks

A "normal" day for us. Nothing new or exciting. The latest promo from Gazeta are two cook books for Christmas and the Holidays. I was going to get the first one for Joan but she thinks it will take forever for her to translate the recipes from Polish to English. Instead she asked for Polish cookbooks that are translated into English for her Christmas presents. I've heard that at the University bookstore they sell them so I will go and see if I can find them.

Tomorrow is my day to see Rózia at 2PM and then I'm meeting an acquaintance at Stary Browar for coffee.


"Normalny" dzień dla nas. Nic nowego albo podniecające. Ostatni promo z Gazeta są dwie książki kucharza na Boże Narodzenie i Wakacje. Miałem dostać pierwszy jeden dla Joan ale ona myśli, że to weźmie na zawsze dla niej by przetłumaczyć recepty z polskiego do Anglików. Zamiast tego ona poprosiła o polskie książki kucharskie, które są przetłumaczone na angielskie o jej Boże Narodzenie prezenty. Usłyszałem, że przy księgarni Uniwersytetu oni sprzedają ich tak pójdę i zobaczę jeżeli mogę znaleźć ich.

Jutro jest mój dzień by zobaczyć Rózia przy 2PM i wtedy spotykam znajomość w Stary Browar dla kawy.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:10 PM

    When I was in Poland earlier this year (in Plock), the big Empik store had the cookbooks (Polish and English language ones).

    One that my husband and I have found to be the best one (based on actual results of my cooking!) so far is one that I actually bought here in the US by Robert Strybel (Title: "Polish Heritage Cookery"). It's available via Amazon and other booksellers.

    Hope this helps!

    Wesolych Swiat Bozego Narodzenia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:15 AM

    Dear Joan and David,

    Thank you very much for such a beautiful Christams card we got in the mail. Your wording is perfect and so perfect.
    Thank you very much for such a great card, which we will cherish for ever.
    As for cookbooks maybe you can contact Mr. Robert Strybel, he wrote 2 ccokbooks in English with all Polish recipes for everyday and all holidays.
    Yes indeed the university book store carries cookbooks, I bought one for my boss.
    I hope you will find what you are looking for, also try on line to find some Polish recipes in English. By the way translating from Polish to English will be very good practice to learn new words everyday. Just the suggestion.
    As to the house, it does look nice, but you have to do more research on it.
    There should be historical sociaty in Poznan, were you can find out how to sign up for work as docent at historic houses and the guide for English groups visiting places.
    With your love of Polish history you would be perfect guide and Joan will be good at it as well, since she enjoys the history and visiting all the places with you.

    Best wishes and have a super trip to Golina, enjoy your holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna,

    I know Mr. Strybel from one of the lists I belong to. I have contacted him about the books. I'll check Empik today and see if they have them.
    Great idea about the historical society. I'll check after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ZonaP,
    I have contacted Mr. Strybel. Thanks for reminding me. He has, in the past, sent me some recipes that my wife loved but I forgot he wrote the books.

    ReplyDelete