Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Dr. Visit


Today was the day to see the dermatolologist. I had a general idea of where the hospital was where I was to see the doctor. I took Przebewzewskiego street north, turned right on Solidarność and was lucky to see an ambulance in front of me with it's lights off. I followed it directly to the hospital. I pulled into the parking lot, paid 2 zl for parking and then walked to the round entrance building where the information desk was. There were 12 people waiting in line but fortunately my friend Zbyszek told me to go to the 1st floor, walk to the back of the hallway and there I would find two elevators. This hospital was built some years ago so the elevator was big enough for 3 people and there were already 5 in it. I crowded in, pressed the 7th floor button and went up. Out of the elevator I walked into the first office I could find with someone in it and told her I was looking for Dr. Grzscztak. She told me to wait there, left the room and came back with two young, blond, blue-eyed women in white coats. One of them shook my hand and said to follow her. She didn't ask my name, medical history and anything. They took me to a small room with the usual examination table, cabinets, etc. The older of the two looked at the spot on my cheek, said it was no threat and she could remove it and I would have to come back in 3 days. At that point I asked who she was and it turned out she was the doctor. I told her to do it. She took out a bottle of liquid nitrogen, put a swab in it and proceeded to burn off the spot. There was some pain but not much. When she was done she said to come back on Friday at 9AM and she might have to do the same treatment again. Nobody asked who I was, where I lived or asked how would I pay for the treatment. There was no talk of money just a "Goodby, see you on Friday".

I left the hospital and decided to take a left turn instead of a right turn, taking me home a new way I have never travelled. I ended up a few miles past home and had to drive around a little before I knew exactly where I was. I saw a new part of Poznań and that's always interesting.

My cheek was throbbing when I got home so Joan went to the Apteka to get some aspirins. She came back with Aspirin + C. This is a different kind of aspirin for us because it was in a tablet that you dissolved in water, like Alka Seltzer. The product itself was made by Bayer.............but in Greece.


Dzisiaj miał dzień zobaczyć dermatolologist. Miałem ogólną ideę wrócić w 3 dniach z gdzie szpital był gdzie miałem odwiedzić doktora. Wziąłem Przebewzewskiego uliczną północ, obróconą w prawo} na Solidarność i byłem szczęśliwy by zobaczyć ambulans przede mną z tym jest światła precz. Poszedłem za tym bezpośrednio do szpitala. Pociągnąłem do parkingu, zapłaciłem 2 zl za parking i wtedy chodziłem do okrągłego wejścia budowy gdzie punkt informacyjny był. Tam 12 ludzi czekali w linii ale na szczęście mój przyjaciel Zbyszek powiedział, żebym poszedł do 1. podłogi, chodzić do pleców korytarza i tam znalazłbym dwie windy. Ten szpital był zbudowany kilka lat temu tak winda była dość duża dla 3 ludzi i były już 5 w tym. Wcisnąłem się, nacisnąłem 7. przycisku podłogi i poszedłem na górę. Z windy, którą chodziłem do pierwszego biura, które mógłbym znaleźć z kimś w tym i powiedziałem jej szukałem Dr Grzscztaka. Ona powiedziała, żebym czekał tam, opuścił pokój i wrócił z dwoma młodymi, blond, o niebieskich oczach kobietami w białych płaszczach. Jeden z nich potrząsnął moją ręką i powiedział pójść za nią. Ona nie pytała mojego imienia, historii choroby i czegoś. Oni wzięli mnie do małego pokoju ze zwykłym stołem egzaminu , gabinetami, i tak dalej starsze dwu popatrzanego na miejsce na moim policzku, mówili, że to nie jest żadna groźba i ona mogłaby usunąć to i musiałbym. Przy tamtym punkcie pytałem, którego ona była i to wyeksmitowało, że ona była doktorem. Powiedziałem jej, żeby robiła to. Ona wyjęła butelkę płynnego azotu, włożyła tampon w tym i kontynuowała spalanie miejsca. Tam był trochę bólu ale nie dużo. Kiedy ona była zrobiona ona powiedziała wrócić w piątek przy 9AM i ona mogłaby musieć robić to samo traktowanie znowu. Nikt nie pytał, którego byłem, gdzie żyłem albo pytany jak zapłaciłbym za traktowanie. Nie była żadnej rozmowy pieniędzy właśnie "Pożegnanie, widzą ciebie w piątek".

Zostawiłem szpital i decydowałem się wziąć lewy obrót zamiast skrętu w prawo, biorąc mi do domu nową drogę nigdy nie podróżowałem. Zakończyłem kilku milom przeszły dom i musiałem podwieźć trochę zanim wiedziałem dokładnie gdzie byłem. Wiedziałem nową część Poznań i które zawsze interesuje.

Mój policzek bił kiedy dostałem się do domu i Joan poszła do Apteka by dostać kilka aspiryn. Ona wróciła z Aspiryną + C. To jest różny rodzaj aspiryny dla nas ponieważ to było w tabliczce, że rozłożyłeś się w wodzie, jak Alka Woda sodowa. Produkt sam był zrobiony przez Bayer.............ale w Grecji.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:34 PM

    How strange.....that would never happen here...you always get the
    "third degree" and fill out a bunch of papers when you go to a new dr. or hospital and sometime even your own dr. --as you already know!! It is cool this a.m., but the sun is shining and looks like it will be a beautiful day!
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete