Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Interview

I returned to the tax office today, picked up the document I needed and went to the immigration office where I met with Katarzyna. She said I had all of the paperwork done and the next step in the permanent residency card proceedure was the interview. It is an interview in which I am asked to tell about my family ties and what I know about Polish customs, history, tradition and what I recall from my childhood. Sounds like it wouldn't be too difficult. However, the interview is conducted in the Polish language and I must answer in Polish. I have two options, I can either do this on my own or I can bring an official Polish translator with me. I checked some places and an "official" Polish translator costs about 200 zl an hour. I am going to do the interview by myself.

She also said to bring Joan and our passports to the interview and after it is over she will issue to us two 60 day visas because July 31st our temporary residency cards expire. It will take 30 days, at least, for the results of the application for permanent residence.

This week I will be doing a lot of studying on Polish history. Customs and traditions I remember but history is a little bit shaky.


Wróciłem do urzędu podatkowego dzisiaj, podniosłem dokument potrzebny i poszedłem do biura imigracji gdzie spotkałem się z Katarzyna. Ona powiedziała, że mam wszystko z papierkowej roboty zrobionej i następny krok w trwałym rezydencji karty proceedure był wywiad. To jest wywiad, w którym, żebym jestem poproszony opowiedział o moim więź rodzinna i co wiem o polskim cle, historii, tradycji i co przywołuję z powrotem od mojego dzieciństwa. Brzmi jak to nie byłoby zbyt trudne. Jednak wywiad jest prowadzony w polskim języku i muszę odpowiedzieć po polsku. Mam dwie opcje, mogę którykolwiek robią to na moim własnym albo mogę przynieść oficjalnego polskiego tłumacza ze mną. Sprawdziłem kilka miejsc i "oficjalne" polskie tłumacza koszty około 200 zl godzina. Mam zrobić wywiad samemu.

Ona też powiedziała przynieść Joan i nasze paszporty do wywiadu i gdy to jest ponad ona wyjdzie do nas dwie 60 wiz dnia ponieważ lipiec 31. nasze tymczasowe karty rezydencji wygasają. To zajmie 30 dni, przynajmniej, dla wyników aplikacji dla trwałego miejsca zamieszkania.

Tego tygodnia będę robić dużo studiowania o polskiej historii. Cło i tradycje, które pamiętam ale historia jest trochę trzęsąca się.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:35 PM

    David,

    I sure love reading about your adventures in Poland. It gives me a feeling of still having contact with Poland. You and Joan are so brave to be doing this!

    You mentioned the other day that you and Joan aren't quite sure what you are doing there :-). I was in the Peace Corps in Malaysia for two years in the 60s. I loved being there but felt like I never really knew what was going on. Sooo, I sure know how you must be feeling.

    Good luck with the interview. You are so sincere in your interest in Poland that I am sure that will come through in the interview.

    --Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol,
    We know why we are in Poland but we are not sure what to do with our time.

    ReplyDelete