Thursday, July 10, 2008

Great grandmother

Today I received the official birth and baptism record of my great grandmother, Ludwika (Rajewska) Kazmierczak and it clears up one point in my tree. I thought she was born in the village of Staw but that is where she was baptised, 3 days after she was born on August 18, 1850. She was actually born in the next village of Gonice. I could not get a photographed copy of the actual record in the archives because it is so old and they are afraid the flash of a camera would do some harm to it. My "angel" in the immigration also also wrote about 15 letters to the different villages of Babice around Poland looking for the birth record of my great grandfather, Tomasz Piekarczak, and today she received a reply from the parish priest of Babice, near Kraków saying he thinks he has found it. If so, that will open up a whole new area for exploration. It was a good day:=)

Dzisiaj otrzymałem oficjalne urodzenie i rekord chrztu mojej wielkiej babki, Ludwika (Rajewska) Kazmierczak i to sprząta jeden punkt w moim drzewie. Pomyślałem, że ona urodziła się we wsi z Kraść ale właśnie tam ona była ochrzczona, 3 dni gdy ona urodziła się w sierpniu 18, 1850. Ona urodziła się faktycznie w następnej wsi Gonice. Nie mógłbym dostać sfotografowanej kopii faktycznego zapisu w archiwach ponieważ to jest tak stare i oni obawiają się błysk aparatu fotograficznego zrobiłby trochę szkody do tego. Mój "anioł" w imigracji też też napisał około 15 listów do różnych wsi Babice dookoła Polski szukającej rekordu urodzenia mojego wielkiego dziadka, Tomasz Piekarczak, i dzisiaj ona otrzymała odpowiedź od duchownego parafii Babice, blisko Krakowa mówiącego, że on myśli, że on znalazł to. Jeżeli tak, które otworzy cały nowy obszar dla badania. To był dobry dzień:=)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:51 PM

    Hi David..
    I am finally back home. Came home yesterday. Still "cleanup" to do, but I have some decisions to make. I sure miss not having a computer
    "up north". I think it is so great that you have the birth record and baptismal record. What a nice "angel" to have.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete