Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Outrageous!

Today I had to go to Pikary street, to the store that sells medical braces for people with fractured ankles. I figured it would cost 50-75 zl for these two pieces of plastic with Velcro. Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When the girl told me the price I was totally surprised....200zl. 200 zl for two plastic pieces. I asked why it was so much and she told me because we have private insurance and not national. If we had national coverage the cost would be 60zl. That's quite a difference. I thought I would wait until our national coverage begins on May 1st but she told me I would have to make an appointment with a national doctor and he would have to write a prescription for the brace. She said I could wait from one to three months for the appointment. By that time Joan's leg should be healed and she needs the brace now so I paid the money, took the brace and walked back to the bus stop to catch #63 back home. 200 zl....what a ripoff.

Dzisiaj musiałem pójść do Pikary ulicy, do sklepu, który sprzedaje medyczne klamry dla ludzi z łamanymi kostkami. Wyobraziłem, że to kosztowałoby 50-75 zl dla tych dwu kawałków plastiku z Velcro. Źle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kiedy dziewczyna powiedziała mi cenę byłem całkowicie surprized....200zl. 200 zl dla dwu plastycznych kawałków. Poprosiłem dlaczego to był tyle i ona powiedziała mi ponieważ mamy prywatne ubezpieczenie i nie narodowy. Gdybyśmy mieliśmy narodowe omówienie koszt byłby 60zl. To jest całkiem różnica. Pomyślałem, że czekałbym aż nasze narodowe omówienie zaczyna się w maju 1. ale ona powiedziała mi musiałbym zrobić umówiony termin z narodowym doktorem i on musiałby napisać recepta na klamra. Ona powiedziała, że mógłbym czekać od jednego do trzech miesięcy na umówiony termin. Do tamtego czasu noga Joan powinna być leczona i ona potrzebuje klamry teraz tak płaciłem pieniądze, brałem klamrę i wracałem piechotą do przystanku autobusowego by złapać #63 tylnemu domowemu. 200 zl....what ripoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment