Monday, April 14, 2008

Forsythias




Another great day for a walk so I went south to Grundwaldska street to the park. The forsythia bushes are in full bloom, yellow everywhere. I sat in the park for a while and took a walk south on Przebyszewskiego street. I ended up by the Arena and then returned home.

Earlier in the day I went to the post office at 8:00AM and mailed in our tax forms to the U.S. The deadline is tomorrow so I was just in time. I had a little difficulty getting the clerk to understand I needed a signed receipt but eventually she understood.

Tomorrow is the big day for Joan...her cast comes off. She's thinking she'll be able to walk again tomorrow after the cast is off but I think it's still going to take a couple of more weeks until she gets use to using her foot.


Inny swietnie dzień dla spaceru tak poszedłem na południe do Grundwaldska ulicy do parku. Krzaki forsycji są w pełnym kwiecie, żółtym wszędzie. Usiadłem w parku na chwilę i pospacerowałem na południe na Przebyszewskiego ulicy. Zakończyłem przez Arenę i wtedy wróciłem do domu.

Wcześniej w dniu poszedłem do urzędu pocztowego o 8:00AM i wysłany w naszych podatków formach do Stanów Zjednoczonych nieprzekraczalna granica jest jutro tak byłem w samą porę. Miałem trochę trudności dostającą, żeby urzędnik zrozumiał ja potrzebny podpisana recepta ale ostatecznie ona zrozumiała.

Jutro jest duży dzień dla Joan...her rzuconego odpada. Ona myśli, że ona będzie mogła chodzić znowu jutro gdy rzut jest precz ale myślę, że to ma jeszcze wziąć parę więcej tygodni aż ona będzie dostawać użycie do używania jej stopy.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:43 PM

    David,
    Thank you for your delightful photos. With them, I can live vicariously in Poland!

    I especially love forsythias. I grew up on a chicken farm in central New Jersey and forsythia bushes lined two sides of the property -- at least 100 feet in each direction!

    They were such a sight to see when they were blooming. Your pictures immediately transported me to that time and place (over 40 years ago).

    Take care and I hope Joan enjoys being cast-less!
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucie,

    We had a 100 foot row of forsythias two blocks from where we once worked. During the spring season we would leave home early for work each day just so we could see them before we started work. It always seemed to make the day better.

    ReplyDelete