Thursday, January 17, 2008

Trams.




I took Joan to meet with her friends of the Ladies Club. They were meeting at the National Museum to see a new exhibition. One of streets that I took to get there (sw. Marcin) had trams and cars on it. You can see from the pictures that the trams and cars are very close together and you have to be careful with your car not to get to close. There are turns where the trams cut in front of the cars.

After I dropped Joan off I went to spend a short hour with cousin Luka and her husband Marek. It was a surprise visit so I didn't stay too long. They were both busy with work and I didn't want to interfere. I had a chance to speak with Luka's father, Leszek. It's always a pleasure to talk with him.

I went back to the Museum, picked up Joan and we went home to study.
One thing we find odd is that everyone looks at our white walking shoes when we walk by. I don't know why it's so strange. I've seen other people with white shoes but ours seem to attract a lot of attention. Yesterday, when we were waiting for the bus, a young mother walked by with a young child in a stroller and even the baby looked at our shoes in amazement. We thought that was very funny.

Wziąłem Joan by spotkać się z jej przyjaciółmi Pań Klubu. Oni spotykali się przy Muzeum Narodowe by zobaczyć nową wystawę. Jedna z ulic, które wziąłem dostać się tam (sw. Marcin) miały tramwaje i samochody na tym. Możesz zobaczyć od obrazów nasze białe chodzące buty kiedy chodzimy obok, które tramwaje i samochody są bardzo blisko razem i musisz być troskliwy z twoim samochodem nie by dostać się zamknąć. Są obroty gdzie tramwaje wyrzynają się przed samochodami.

Gdy upuściłem Joan precz poszedłem spędzić niecałą godzinę z kuzyna Luka i jej męża Marek. To było niespodzianki wizyta tak nie pozostałem zbyt długo. Oni byli obaj zajęci z pracą i nie chciałem przeszkodzić. Miałem szansę by mówić z ojcem Luka , Leszek. To jest zawsze przyjemność by powiedzieć z nim.

Wróciłem do Muzeum, podniosłem Joan i poszliśmy do domu studiować.
Jedna rzecz znajdujemy, że nieparzysty jest, że każdy patrzy na. Nie wiem dlaczego to jest tak dziwne. Zobaczyłem innych ludzi z białymi butami ale nasz wydają się przyciągnąć dużo uwagi. Wczoraj, kiedy czekaliśmy na autobus, młodą matkę chodzoną obok z młodym dzieckiem w spacerowiczu i nawet dziecko popatrzało na nasze buty w zdumieniu. Pomyśleliśmy, którzy byli bardzo zabawni.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:07 PM

    Hi David & Joan,

    About the shoes -- I was just listening to Rick Steves, the public broadcasting travel guy, -- he and one of his European tour guides mentioned how Europeans can always tell Americans because of their shoes.

    That should be a good topic of conversation for you. Ask your relatives what it is about American shoes that make them stand out. And when you find out please let us know.

    Last summer in Poland I was wearing Josef Seibel German shoes -- so no one looked at me :-).

    --Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I go to Europe I avoid the "tennis" shoes or walking shoes or whatever you call them. They do call us out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:15 AM

    Oh my god, it's so funny to read this text in polish after an electronic transaltor:D Like a cabaret.
    About shoes (I'm polish myself):
    American sport shoes are just a bit different, especially if they're white. It's been perceived as a bit of bad taste. They just don't match anything but a sport suit.
    I haven't seen yours so it's hard to judge.
    regards from a freetime reader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments about white shoes. Maybe I'll dye ours bkacj :-)

    ReplyDelete