Sunday, December 23, 2007

Nic nowego!

Nothing new today. We got up a little late, around 9AM, showered and washed our hair in preparation for the holidays and then began to study. We're off from school for two weeks but we don't stop studying at home. A few more christmas lights have appeared on apartments across the street from us but still not what we we're acustomed to in the U.S. The two youngs guys in the flat below us are home and the music is very loud. Too loud for an "old" person like me and if i had the language skills i would go down and tell them about it. We had the same problem with our flat in America. I've learned to dislike living in flats and hope that this next year we can buy a house somewhere. I'm too old to put up with obnoxious people.

Tomorrow our friend Zybyszek will pick me up at 9AM and take me to rent the car. May God have mercy on my soul :-)


Nic nowego dzisiaj. Podnieśliśmy trochę późno, dookoła 9AM, zalanego i umyliśmy nasze włosy w przygotowywaniu dla wakacji i wtedy zaczęliśmy studiować. Jesteśmy precz ze szkoły na dwa tygodnie ale nie przestaniemy studiować w domu. Kilku więcej Bożego Narodzenia świateł ukazały się na apartamentach poprzez ulicę od nas ale jeszcze nie co my jesteśmy acustomed do w Stanów Zjednoczonych dwaj młodych faceci w mieszkaniu poniżej nas są do domu i muzyka jest bardzo głośna. Zbyt głośno dla "starej" osoby jak mnie i gdybym miałem umiejętności języka zszedłbym i powiedziałbym im o tym. Mieliśmy ten sam problem z naszym mieszkaniem w Ameryce. Nauczyłem się nie polubić mieszkania w mieszkaniach i mam nadzieję, że ten przyszły rok możemy kupić dom gdzieś. Jestem zbyt stary by znieść przykrych ludzi.

Jutro nasz przyjaciel Zybyszek podniesie mnie przy 9AM i weźmie mnie by wynająć samochód. Może Bóg mieć litość na mojej duszy :-)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:57 PM

    Oh David and Joan,
    Enjoy your Wigilia with your relatives and all that wonderful visiting on Christmas Day.

    It sounds wonderful and I know you will enjoy the visits tremendously.

    I'm sure you'll do just fine with all the driving, etc. (The schedule you posted sounds very busy!)

    I can't wait to hear all about it once you've rested up.
    Regards,
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:05 AM

    David and Joan,

    Roxana sent this link to me. I am so happy to see your beautiful faces and know you both are doing so well.

    I spent a week in Poland last May. I fell in love with the people...although their situation is very sad, they are very resilient. I am also concerned with the "flight" of the Poles to other nations and the population rate.

    A small group of us landed in Munich and drove to Warsaw over a 20 hour period. It was quite revealing and educational. We attended the World Congress of Families in Warsaw then on to Krakow and Auschwitz, Prague, Salzburg and back to Munich.

    I had no idea before I got here how brave the Polish people were and still are. I pray that they will be able to overcome the poverty and economic problems they are experiencing.

    It is such a treat to read your sight and listen to the music. I am touched with what you and Joan are doing.

    Warmest Regards,
    Laura
    (Ann Chase)

    ReplyDelete