Friday, September 07, 2007

Price differences.

Pictures of the Consulate and the King Cross mall.









I took my prescriptions to the local apteka to be filled. I was shocked, in disbelief at the difference in prices. In the U.S., without insurance, I paid a little over $300 dollars(850 zl) for a months supply. Today I bought a month's supply for for 89 zl(about $30 dollars). Is the medicine business ripping you off? You bet!!! I haven't started taking them yet so I can't say they are as good yet, but if they are, what a dfference of price. There is no co-pay with the health insurance we have when you see a doctor, most tests are covered but.........hospitalization get's no discount.

Before the apteka visit we went to the Consulate to meet the woman in charge and she directed us up the street to Plac Wolności where the Wielkopolski Urząd Wojewódzki, Wydzial Spraw Obywatelskich i Cudzoziemców(Office for Foreigners) is located where we got the package of papers to fill out for residency. We have 10 days to fill them out and apply. Once there are reviewed, it will be decided if we can stay and if I can apply for Polish citizenship.

We took a different bus (59) home because it stops right in front of King Cross where the apteka was. I took some pictures inside the mall for you to get an idea of what a newer mall in Poland looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment