Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Bank Trip!






It was off the the Citi Handlowy bank on Plac Wolnosći to set up our Polish bank account. I thought had the right bus picked out but surprise surprise i didn't and when i realized we were way past where we should be we had to get off and take a taxi to the right place. Fortunately we left early enough to make it on time for our appt. But I didn't know I would have to produce our letter of money award from U.S.
So I asked our financial planner, Piotr, how we could get back dto the right bus stop to go home and he said it was best to take the tram, which we did, but took it in the wrong direction and had to wait for the return tram to Rondo Kompinera, where we were SUPPOSE to get off. By the time I realized it we were past our stop, got off and were starving so we stopped at McDonalds for fish sandwiches. Prices are almost the same as in the U.S. After that we walked in the direction of Bukowska street where our bus could be caught to go home. On the way we stopped in a small map store and bought a page street atlas of Poznań. The weather again was beautiful so walking wasn't hard to do. The tram ticket is sold by minutes you travel to place, it's a little different than in the States, but what isn't?
The church bells ring everyday here at noon and 6PM.
Side note: If you click on any picture you can get a larger view!!

2 comments:

  1. I hate banking in the US. I always feel like my money isn't my own--what's it like in Poland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I can say the Piotr was very friendly in setting up our accounts. We needed 2, one for American dollars and one for Polish zlotych because we have to transfer money from America to the American account first, then to the Polish account. There are charges for each transfer and 3% for ATM use but if you keep the necessary balance there are no charges. Utility bills are paid with bank transfers. The checking system doesn't exist in Poland. I'd rather pay cash but won't keep all of our money in the apartment.

    ReplyDelete