Monday, May 28, 2007

Boxes, Boxes, Boxes













They are everywhere. In the kitchen, in the living room, in the bedroom. We can't escape from them. We have 17 packed so far and more to go. We have only 3 weeks to finish packing and ship everything to Poland.
Today I talked with Jay, an American from New Jersey living in Gdansk, and we talked for half an hour using the Skype computer progam. It was nice.

We spent the afternoon packing more things to ship, decided what we didn't want to take with us from the kitchen area and took the pictures off the walls we want to ship.

I've been talking with another American who moved to Poland in 1993 and the information he has given me has been very helpful.

Tomorrow we are off for Memorial day, I've run out of packing "peanuts" so we will take the day off and just use it to relax.
Oni są wszędzie. W kuchni, w pokoju mieszkalnym, w sypialni. Nie możemy uciekać od nich. Mamy 17 zapakowanego dotychczas i więcej by pójść. Mamy tylko 3 tygodnie by skoczyć pakowanie i posłać wszystko do Polski.
Dzisiaj powiedziałem z Jayem, Amerykaninem z New jersey mieszkającego w Gdasku, i powiedzieliśmy przez pół godzinę używającą Skype komputera progam. To było miłe.
Spędziliśmy popołudnie pakujące więcej rzeczy by posłać, zdecydowaliśmy co nie chcieliśmy wziąć z nami od obszaru kuchni i wzięliśmy obrazom {kinom} precz ściany, które chcemy posłać.
Mówiłem z innym Amerykaninem, który ruszony do Polski w 1993 i informacji on dał mnie był bardzo pomocny.
Jutro jesteśmy precz na Pamiątkowy dzie, byłem na ostatku pakowania "orzechów ziemnych" tak weźmiemy dzie wolny i właśnie użyjemy tego by odprężyć się.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:23 AM

    Hello :),
    I can't believe that it's almost a year since we talked alive about your moving to Poland... When I look at the pictures above I feel like if I visited you just a couple of months ago. I'm excited that soon I will be able to see you again.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cześć Oliwia,

    Only a year ago? I think it has been two years since you were here to stay with us but it seems much longer. I have missed talking with you and seeing your life grow. I am excited that soon we will see each other again and maybe even take classes at the same University. We have applications at Mickiewicz University to study Polish for Foreigners. Thank you for being interested in our blog. I look forward to seeing all of your family again.
    David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:37 PM

    oh, yes you are right - 2 years ago :)
    sorry...
    It has been very busy time for me, first to get on studies and then -well- studies.
    Unfortunately, we won't take classes at the same place , because I study at Wyższa Szkoła Języków Obcych.
    Oliwia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, maybe not in the same place, but the same university and since you stay in Poznan during the school year I can expect to see you at our apartment in Poznan :-)
    David

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:23 PM

    Thank you for inviting :) Of course I will visit you and I hope you will visit me as well :)
    Does it mean that you have decided to live in Poznań? :) If so, I'll be glad to have you so close.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it looks like Poznan for the first year while we decide where we want to live. I want to go to Gdansk, Krakow and Wroclaw to see what it is like there also.

    David

    ReplyDelete