Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Music for Poland

Today I started the monumental task of recording all of our LP's and converting them to CD's. We have over 700 and it's taken me a little while to figure out how to do this because the cost of shipping them to Poland would be well over $1000 so we decided to convert them to CD's and leave the albums here. I figure if I can do three a day, I will make it just in time. But still, I hate to leave the LP's, a product of my generation and so much of that music will be lost in the future I think. It's not just the Beatles, Yes, Steely Dan but also Segovia, recordings of speeches by Martin Luther King, unknown artists of the 60's and all the notes on LP's that tells you about them. CD's are fine but I can't get all the liner notes that went with LP's. It's also about the collection of Jazz LP's I have collected, many people who are gone now and their music forgotten. Being a student of Jazz guitar I collected a lot of albums of guitar players and I want to take them with us when we move. It's interesting how you can convert these LP's to CD's through your computer and I've learned a lot this last week. Now the process begins.

David
Dzisiaj zacząłem monumentalne zadanie rejestrowania wszystkiego z naszego longplay i zamienianie ich do CD. Mamy ponad 700 i to wzięło mi małą chwilę by wynieść jak robić to ponieważ koszt statki ich do Polski czułby się dobrze ponad $1000 tak zdecydowaliśmy się zamienić ich w CD i zostawić albumy tutaj. Wyobrażam jeżeli mogę zrobić trzy dzie, ja zrobię to w samą porę. Ale jeszcze, nienawidzę zostawić longplay, produkt mojego pokolenia i tylu z tamtej muzyki będzie stracony w przyszłości myślę. To nie jest właśnie Beatles, Tak, Twardy jak stal Dan ale też Segowia, zapisy mów przez Martin Luther King, nieznanych artystów 60 i wszystkich notatek o longplay, który mówi tobie o nich. CD czują się świetnie ale nie mogę dostać wszystkich statku pasażerskiego notatek, które poszły z longplay. To jest też o zbiorze Jazzowego longplay, który zebrałem, dużo ludzi, którzy są minionym teraz i ich muzyka zapomniana. Będąc student Jazzowej gitary zebrałem dużo albumów gitarzystów i chcę wziąć ich z nami kiedy ruszamy się. To interesuje jak możesz zamienić te longplay w CD przez twój komputer i nauczyłem się dużo ten w ubiegłym tygodniu. Teraz proces zaczyna się.

No comments:

Post a Comment